Chapter 6

Today is Saturday, and I don't feel like getting up out of bed, except for in the early morning to sneak some food into my room. The rest of the early morning I spend on Netflix, with my cat laying beside me. When my mom wakes up, she screams throughout the whole house to wake us up. I groggily get out of bed and dress in some black jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and a sweatshirt. I greet my mom with a moan, and she tells me to go into town and get something for breakfast. "At least I have an excuse for getting out of this hole" I mutter, almost inaudibly. I get into my car and screech down the driveway, pushing 70 on an old dirt road. When I get into town, I stop at Mr. Johnson's grocery store for some pancake batter, and some milk. After that, I go down to Kwik Trip and grab a coffee for myself and my mom. I return home only 20 minutes after I left, and I plop down on the couch in front of the tv. I bring my mom the food, then I slowly start sipping my coffee- savoring its rich flavor- until I notice that it is gone. By lunch, my mom has gone into a frenzied panic over the divorce that her and my dad are getting. I shoo these thoughts away like a fly, and I go into my room. By the time the sun has started setting, I have watched 4 movies and 7 tv seasons. I curl under my blankets after I take up my clothes, and slip into the first blissful sleep that I have had in years.