Chapter 6

Colby POV
  "Katrina and I are getting married." Repeated over and over in my head as I walk out of my house, no idea where I was going. I heard yelling behind me but it sounded far away, like it was from miles away. All of the sudden I saw a light then everything went black.

                               Sam POV
The minute I uttered the sentence that Katrina and I were getting married, Colby got a distant look in his eyes and walked away, confusing the rest of us. I yelled his name but got no response, so I followed him, hoping to catch up to him so I can see what is wrong. I almost caught up to him when all of the sudden a car came out of nowhere and hit Colby, making his body flip over the car and hit the ground hard.

  I screamed in horror, running to Colby's side immediately, seeing if there was anything I could do but gasped when I saw a pool of a dark liquid flowing underneath Colby. I quickly rang the police, telling them everything before I hung up and tried to find something to do to help Colby.

  Unfortunately though, I couldn't think of anything but sob as I watch the guy i fell in love with bleeding possibly to death in front of me only because my dad is a homophobic asshole. Finally the police arrive with an Ambulance who quickly put Colby on a stretcher and load him into the vehicle. I tried to follow, but they told me family only then sped away, leaving me behind as I watch them leave.

  "If you want, you can come with us to the hospital, you probably won't be able to see him for a long time, but you'll be there when he eventually wakes up." A officer said, looking at me with kindness and worry in his eyes. He was an older gentleman, maybe around his fifties or so, smiling down at me. I nodded, grabbing his outstretched hand which gently helps me up, then guides me gently to the car, helping me inside as he got in the drivers seat and drove off, buckling his seatbelt and turning on his sirens.

  After what seemed like forever, we got to the hospital and after parking, we walk inside to the Secretary who nodded at the officer  then went back to her work. The officer led me to the waiting room, a comforting arm around my shoulders as if I was his own son.

  After what felt like hours, I saw my friends and two older looking couple run into the waiting room, finally spotting me after a couple of minutes of looking and running towards me, hugging me when they got to me.

  "Have they called out Colby's name yet?" An older guy said, frowning down at me. I shook my head sighing, wishing I could have done something different.

  "I don't think anything good would have happened if you did it differently. He will be okay though. He looks like a fighter." The officer, who I know as Mike now, said smiling as we all laughed.

"Colby Brock?" A voice suddenly yelled out, which made us all jump up and run over to her in a rush. Her eyes widened at the sudden rush of people, which made us stop a bit away from her, so not to scare her any more.

  "Is he okay?" We all said, maybe a bit too loudly but we don't care.

  "I can't tell anyone but the family." The nurse said, which we sighed.

  "We are his parents and we allow these guys to be around to hear whatever you say. So please tell us." The older guy said, smiling. The nurse looked at him before looking at the rest of us and she must of seen something on our face, because she sighed and shook her head.

  "Colby is in a coma, and we don't know if he will survive or not. "

(Yup leaving it on this!!!!! Anyways, thanks for reading and big thanks to SamandColby12NHL!!!!! :).   )