Epilogue

Clayton, Levi and I were going to visit my parent's grave today so I could put new roses on the tombs. The past few months had been crazy. I had my memory back and was recalling things that amazed everyone.  

Clayton was definitely loving that I could recall things about him and our childhood. We would sit out in the backyard every night and tell stories of what adventures we recalled going on. 

Richard ended up being paralyzed and was now in a psychiatric hospital for awhile due to his demented mind. All of us were fine with that, with him being gone, we were able to live a worry-free life. 

"What do you think my parents would say about me not going to college?" I asked Clayton as we walked ahead. I had decided I wouldn't go the first year because I planned on traveling and seeing what all had happened to my parent's before they died. I was certain there was more information than what I had been given. I didn't mind though, I loved mysteries and would enjoy solving this one. 

"I think they would understand." Clay said handing me the roses. 

I slid them into the vases and noticed something sticking out of one of them. Curious, I pulled it out and saw an envelope addressed to me. 

"What's that?" Levi said joining us. 

"I don't know." I opened it and saw a letter addressed to me from my parents. 

"Dear Megan, by the time you read this you'll either have already heard this or just now learning about it. We may be gone or not so I wanted to write this down. The world is a dangerous place and there are very few who can be trusted. Our job may require us to be away from you for periods of time but our love for you never grows any weaker. Please understand that there are always many different perspectives to one story. Some good and others bad. One day you will understand the truth for what it is and if we're not there to see it, then I hope you can forgive us. We both love you very much Megan. Love mom and dad." 

"What does that mean?" Clayton asked Levi. 

"I think it means we're missing a key piece to this puzzle. Does it say when this was addressed?" 

"July 24, 2007." 

"That was a few days before they died..." 

I looked at the gravestones and tried to think of what this letter meant. How would I know the truth when I saw it? Did this mean there's something we were all missing? 

"Let's give this to my dad and get the others when we're through here. We may be able to figure out what they meant by this," Clayton reassured me. 

I stuck the letter in my pocket and stared at the grave one last time before turning to leave. The next time I visited them I planned on having answers to this letter they had wrote.