Jack x Autumn

This is an Oc story. Enjoy ~J

Autumn’s PoV

I was escorted out of the Facility after one year of my life that I had spent there. As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, I thought about Jack and what I had done for him. Sector Security was on his tail and as he went through the garbage heap. He was my only friend and I did the unthinkable. I stepped in front of the security cars and bikes and told them to take me instead of Jack. Jack and I had been friends since we were kids and I had not known yet what he had done to Yusei, my kid brother.
Even if I had known, I wouldn’t have changed what I had done. I knew Jack and Yusei were destined for more than what they were born into. I was born in the Satellite and deserved it. I was no Rockstar duelist or an awesome mechanic, I was just a plain old girl with a knack for finding the right words. I was a pretty good actor too.
I was placed into a black limo with a guy who looked like a lunatic. I mean come on this guy was flamboyant. He wore more makeup in one setting than I ever did in my life, and I wore it daily. He resembled a jester or a clown, his laugh put me on edge. As a smile crept on to his face as he watched me enter the limo. I stared out the window and his high pitched voice was anything but gentle on my ears.
“Well, Miss. Fudo."
My head snapped at the mention of my real last name.
“How do you know who I am?” I asked him.
"I know all about you and your relationships. It says here that after your father's tragic accident you placed your little brother under the care of Martha and then left to live on your own." The man gave a laugh that crawled on my skin.
“Okay sounds about right,” I said.
“What I can’t figure out is why a straight-A student like yourself ended up in the facility.” Lazar smiled. It was as if he wanted something out of me.
“Well, what does your fancy phone tell you?” I crossed my arms.
“Ah, she is smarter than the average satellite. It says here, Miss. Fudo,”
“Autumn. Call me Autumn, please.” I interrupted.
“Miss. Autumn, it says here that you tried to escape the satellite.” He looked up at me in disbelief.
“Well, that’s what happened so if you don’t mind I’ll be leaving.” I reached for the car door.
“I think you might want to stay. I have some interesting news about a Mister Jack Atlas,” he said with a smile.
My hand stopped at the mention of my friend whom I had helped out that night.
“What news about Jack?” I asked the creepy clown.
“I assume you know that Jack Atlas is our newest champion.”
I nodded my head in response.
“Well, we need someone who is close to him to keep a distant eye on him. Director Goodwin can explain more,” Lazar said as he pointed out the window to a mansion bigger than my whole block at the satellite.
I was escorted into the mansion by Lazar and some suited guys whose arms were bigger than their heads. Their eyes were covered by the dark shades they wore and one after another they all looked the same. I walked into the main room and saw a tall man with white hair. He turned toward me and his light blue eyes fell on me. He scanned me up and down as if he was figuring out who I was and why I’m here.
“Take a picture, Director, it’ll last longer,” I said fearlessly.
“I’m sorry Miss. Fudo. I just didn’t expect you to be this young. You do have a feisty spirit though.” He said scanning me.
“I’m only Twenty,” I said as the guards walked out.
“Now may I ask why I’m here?”
“Uh yes, Miss. Fud-”
I interrupted him, “Please call me Autumn.”
“Autumn, you are here because we need someone who can act as a reporter. And keep an eye on Jack.” He looked out the window to see Jack riding his white duel runner around the track. I walked over to the window to watch my friend.
“He is an amazing Champion and we don’t want anything to happen to him. That is where you come in Autumn. Your acting skills will prove beneficial at this time. We need you to act as a reporter but don’t ask any questions. This is all for pretend. We need you to keep an eye on Jack from a distance.” Goodwin explained.
“Well he’d recognize me like this I’ll need a new outfit and a name,” I said as I walked away from the window counting the items on my fingers.
“I’ll also need my own apartment.”
“I promise all of it is planned out and taken care of Miss. Autumn. All but the outfit and the name we thought you would want the liberty of figuring that out for yourself. Mina will take you around town showing you all the places she is also going to help you find an outfit of your own to wear as a reporter.”
I nodded in response.

****

I went around trying on outfits from different stores and restaurants. I was ready to try on outfits and become another woman. I tried on outfit after outfit and none of them looked right. That was until I found an ensemble that fitted perfectly. I walked out of the changing room with a black knee-high dress that sparkled in the sunlight. With it came a red cardigan and I had found some black one-inch heels. Some fake black half framed glasses and golden hoop earrings.
“Wow, you look amazing, Autumn,” Mina said as I came out.
I blushed and looked at the ground and that’s when my hair fell into my face.
“I need to find some way to hide this,” I said gesturing to my hair. “But I don’t want to change it.”
Mina thought for a moment then spoke. “I think we can find a wig for you.”
She looked over at a pearl necklace and picked it up.
“This will complete the outfit.” I changed into my regular clothes.
I took a look in the mirror and fixed the white jacket that Jack gave me. My blue capris went to my knees. And my black tennis shoes didn’t look worn no one would have guessed I’ve had these for five years. My eyes were bright red and I knew they wouldn’t be noticed by Jack. He never noticed anything about me. My hair was black with yellow streaks and I had a gold headband with spikes on the top in my hair. I had red heart earrings.  My silver chain necklace with a lock as the pendant. Jack had given it to me when I had been regretting leaving my brother. Jack knew who I really was but everyone in our group knew me as Autumn Summers.  I was putting my outfit on the hanger and as I walked out to meet Mina and she had a bag full of accessories and I silently rolled my eyes. She had a smile on her face as she spoke.
“Let’s go find a wig for your hair after we pay for this.” She took the dress and earrings from my hands and got to the check-out with lightning-like speed.
We walked out of the store only to go right next door to another that specified in wigs. I walked around and tried on different wigs until I found a fire red wig that went a little ways past my butt. I placed it over my real hair and placed it into a high ponytail. It curled down my back. I pulled the glasses and earrings out of the bag and put them on. I took a look into one of the mirrors and saw a completely different person. I then had found a perfect name for my alias self, Ruby Raines.
____

Mina’s PoV
I was taking Autumn around town and when we got to her apartment I showed her every inch of the area. She thanked me and I walked out to let her sleep. I was okay with helping her out, but she looked beautiful in that dress. Jack was bound to notice. I kinda liked Jack and I guess that’s why I took this job on. I didn’t want Jack to fall for Autumn and I was scared, but I had to let Jack choose for himself. Whether he chose me or not, I had to be happy with it.
____

Autumn’s PoV
I was inside my apartment and I was figuring out how Ruby should talk. I didn’t know if she should be a mean girl or the quiet one in the corner. I had to figure out the accent she used and her type of dialect.
****
It was about ten to eleven o’clock that night and I had put on the dress and I was figuring out all my accessories and still trying to find that perfect accent. I had finally decided on a British accent. Ruby was also a shy girl but she could talk in front of people if need be. She had a bit of an attitude that rarely showed like me, but looked a tad more sophisticated. I had found who Ruby was, I hung the dress up and put my accessories on my dresser next to it. Tomorrow was the first day of my new ‘job’. I wasn’t scared. I was more worried but I knew Jack wouldn’t recognize me. It was a miracle if I ended up not showing any of my feelings towards Jack. I knew Jack and he knew me. It was almost effortless for me to talk to him about anything. I would have to control that. I drifted to sleep and I had a more peaceful rest then I’ve had in awhile.
____

Jack’s PoV
Goodwin was explaining that I was going to an interview with a bunch of reporters who would just ask me questions. I wasn’t nervous about anything about it, but Goodwin didn’t want people knowing that I was a Satellite. I was staring out the window of the limo and just thinking. I felt bad about leaving Autumn. She didn’t deserve the Satellite, but Lazar wouldn’t let me bring anyone even if I wanted to. Autumn was smart and funny. She didn’t deserve the Satellite. I walked into the interview and I was crowded by reporters and as it progressed, I felt more bored by the minute. The only thing that bothered me was the girl in the back.
She wore white gloves and with her pen in hand she wrote swiftly. I paid attention to the other reporters but every time I would catch a glance at this woman. She looked to be no older than twenty maybe twenty-five. Her fire-red hair was different in a sea of reporters. When she looked up at me, her red eyes seemed familiar to me. She never spoke but she wore a black knee-high sparkly dress with a red jacket thing. Her black half framed glasses made her look like a sexy nerd, if that was possible. She wore a camera around her neck and a pearl necklace. Her hair was in a high ponytail and had a black headband.
She was like the other girls, but her eyes gave me a familiar warmth. I don’t know where I had seen them and every time she glanced up at me to take a picture she smiled. Her smile was warm and kind. Her skin unblemished. She never asked a question and the minute the interview was over she was gone. This went on for a few weeks until I finally was able to stop her on her way out the door.
“Hey,” I shouted at her.
She turned her head and spoke in a subtle British accent. “Yes, Mr. Atlas?"
“What is your name?” I was at a loss for words. This girl was beautiful and she had finally spoken to me.
“Raines,” She said looking at the ground.
“Well, Miss. Raines, it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope I get to see you again.” I took her hand and kissed it.
“I don’t think we’ll be meeting anytime soon Mr. Atlas.” She took her hand from my grasp and walked off.  “Thank you for the wonderful article Jack,” She said as she walked off and waved her pad in the air.
I walked back to the limo and offered her a ride home, but she refused me. This woman was amazing and she seemed fearless. But she still refused me. Why? I had gotten to Goodwin’s place for me and all I could think about was that woman in the crowd. Why she stirred me, I had no idea, but I knew I couldn’t have her, but it was still agony. Her eyes were what I fell in love with nothing else. Every other detail was minor. Her ruby red eyes were warm and captivating. But also held a sense of familiarity.

Autumn’s PoV
I couldn’t believe it he actually noticed me. I didn’t expect him to. He noticed Ruby Raines but not Autumn Fudo/Summers. I changed into my comfy pj’s and sat to write my article. Goodwin had told me a few weeks ago that I would need to actually write an article to give to the paper. Well, I sat with my pad in my hands reading all the notes I had. And me being me, I had a little more knowledge of Jack than any other reporter. My editor was Director Goodwin himself.

****
It was a little over seven months since I started and Jack became more persistent in finding more out about Ruby Raines. I told Goodwin about Jack and how he has made it his mission to find out about Ruby Raines.  He told me the same thing every time.
“Just make sure he doesn’t find out that you are Autumn Fudo/Summers.”
I had to keep up this charade for as long as Goodwin told me to. I wanted to tell Jack who I was but it was, but I couldn’t do it for fear he would hate me.

****
One day after an interview it was pouring rain and of course, Jack was there. He offered me a ride and I didn’t take it. As I was walking away the rain fell down my face I had a small rain jacket over me but it didn’t cover the entirety of my face which worried me. Jack grabbed my wrist and spun me around quickly.
“Just get in,” He gestured to the open door.
I got into the Limo and told Jack my address and his driver took me to my apartment. I was drying my face with a towel Jack and in the car. As I dried my face I realized my makeup was coming off and my mark would show. I had a facility mark that was like a claw mark on the left side right under my eye. I tried to hide it but Jack was being Jack and he scooted closer to me and tried to get me to talk to him. He turned my head and saw the mark.
“You’re a Satellite,” He said scooting away in shock.
“Yes,” I said. My accent was almost lost to me. “I went to the Facility in a friend’s place.”
It wasn’t a total lie. I mean I did go in Jack’s place.
“Well as long as you promise me you won’t leak it to the papers, I’ll tell you something. I’m a Satellite too. If that’s why you won’t talk to me, then don’t worry we are the same people group.”
“I won’t tell them, Mr. Atlas.” I gave a cheeky smile and Jack gave a chuckle.
“Call me Jack, and can I get your first name from you please Miss Raines?” Jack asked scooting a little closer to me.
“Ruby,” I said scooting away from Jack. “My name is Ruby Raines.”
The car stopped and Jack offered to walk me to the door and I refused, but as Jack is, hard headed, he did anyway.
“Ruby, would you like to go out with the master of faster?” He asked, pridefully.
“Sorry, Jack, my heart belongs to someone else,” I walked into the building and went up to my apartment.

****
This continued for a number of years Yusei visited and dueled Jack. I knew Jack was a Signer and I knew Yusei would be one too. I didn’t have the mark and well let’s just say when Jack lost his title in the fortune cup another girl swooped in and took him for herself.
Carly was just using him for a story but then fell for him, I don’t blame her. I knew Mina fell for him, obviously, and well, Ruby was never revealed to Jack as Autumn. Jack was with Carly so I stayed behind my mask until one day Jack called me. Jack and Ruby had become real friends and I gave him Ruby’s number and he called and asked if he could come over.
“Sure Jack,” I said, placing my wig and glasses on. “I’ll meet you in the lobby and take you up to my place.”
I put on my shoes and met Jack in the lobby. This wasn’t the Jack I knew he was on the verge of tears.

____

Jack’s PoV
I called Ruby the minute she walked out the door. Carly and I had been through so much and yet she just walked out of my life because I seemed harsh and coldhearted. I thought she knew I don’t really know how to show my feelings to others. I saved her from destruction and the dark signers. She up and left me because I don’t understand my own feelings let alone know how to show them.
I walked into the lobby and waited for Ruby. Her red hair was easy to pick out in a crowd. She still hid her mark but she must have been in such a rush that she didn’t even think of it. She really cared, but I couldn’t be with her.
She was in love with someone else. Ruby was still a great friend. She was there whenever I needed to talk. She even went as far as to coming with me to the Satellite and fighting the dark signers. Carly was one that I rescued from that darkness and we dated after that matter. I ended up loving her, but I didn’t know how to show it.
Ruby walked me into her apartment door and she knew almost immediately what I needed. She grabbed tissues and I sat on the couch while she got two cups and filled them with root beer and vanilla ice cream.
“Here this always makes me feel better.” She handed me a root beer float.
“Thank you, Ruby,” I said, taking the float from her hands.
“So tell me what happened.”
(Flashback)
“Ugh I’m so tired of you, Jack,” Carly said as she got up from the couch.
“Carly, what’s wrong?” Jack asked his love.
“I’m tired of you, Jack, you are so coldhearted. I hate that you can’t even say three little words. You know if you really loved me then you would be able to say ‘I love you’ easily.” Carly had gathered up her belongings and was walking out the door. Jack was trying to stop her from leaving, but she ignored him and took off his jacket and threw it at him.
“We’re done, Jack,” Carly said, closing the door behind her.
(End Flashback)
“That’s what really happened?” Ruby asked.
Her accent was slightly different but I was too wrapped in my own heartache to notice. I nodded my head and she brought me in for a hug.
“I’m so sorry, Jack, you know I had the same thing happen to me.” Her voice was breaking as she spoke.
“Who,” I asked, pulling her to where I could see her ruby red eyes.
“It was a friend from the Satellite. He never noticed me the way I noticed him. He was kind, funny, and all-around helpful to others. It’s nothing now.” She looked at the ground.
“What Are You Talking About Ruby. If You Aren’t Noticed By Any Guy For Your Personality And Not Your Looks, Is INSANE! Ruby, you are amazing and talented.” My hands drifted from her arms to her hands.
She looked up at me and Violet met Red. Her eyes were still familiar to me but I could only place them with one person and she was back at the Satellite. Autumn had the same warm eyes. Autumn had never been to the Facility, but I didn’t see her after we defeated the Dark Signers. I was also concerned about Carly more than anything.
Neither of us was willing to look away and I didn’t want to. I could have sworn to you that she was looking into my soul. I was staring right into hers. There was a pain and a secret it looked like. She was hiding something and I wanted to know. She was the first to look away from my gaze.
“Let’s go do something,” I suggested.
She gave me a confused look, “Like what?” A smile spread across her face.
“Perhaps a duel, I have a feeling you can really duel,” I said as I stood up.
“Sure I’ll grab my deck.” She went into her room and grabbed her belongings and deck. She had a regular black t-shirt with no shoes, her capris were blue, and her white socks slid on the wooden floor.
“Oh, I was saying we go to the Kaiba dome and duel.” I pulled my jacket over my shoulder.
She gave a shocked look and then her lips curled upward and she said, “I’m down.”
We went down to my turbo bike. I offered her a ride but she refused. She went to the garage of the apartment complex and pulled out in a turbo bike. It was white with red flames on the sides.

“How did you build that?” I asked her.
“I just did,” She said, revving the engine. Her accent had left her voice.
“You don’t really have an accent?” I teased.
“No, I just use it for my job.” She put her helmet over her red hair.
We raced to the Kaiba dome and I, of course, won. We started our turbo duel. Well, let’s just say she is a lot better than she lets on. Towards the end of the duel, I played Red Dragon Archfiend and the duel was then mine. I took a victory lap and when I came back around Ruby didn’t have her red hair nor her glasses.
She got up and dusted herself off and came to shake my hand then realized she didn’t have her wig. Standing in front of me was not Ruby Raines. It was Autumn Fudo.

Autumn’s PoV
When I got up from my bike my black and gold hair fell onto my face and I saw my glasses cast aside. They were a little cracked but that wasn’t what I was worried about. I was worried that Jack would start yelling and screaming.
“Autumn,” He said quietly as he got off his bike.
“J-Jack, I know it looks bad, but Goodwin brought me here and he wanted to keep an eye on you. I thought you wouldn’t notice me. You never did at first as we were growing up. Jack, I know it looks bad but-” I was cut off by Jack’s arms around me.
“I wanted to bring you with me.” He was on the verge of tears.
I hugged his middle, returning his hug.

****

I moved into his house a few months after Carly broke up with Jack. It was just like when we were at the Satellite. I stayed with him and I would do some housework while he was at work or something. I found out that Jack really knew how to cook. Like, he could cook really great meals. We went out for supper one day and Carly was there to meet Jack outside, but she wasn’t expecting me. We walked out of the cafe where Jack worked and Carly was there to meet us.
“Jack,” She said twiddling her green hair. “It could be considered cheating if you are seen here with her when you have a girlfriend.”
“Excuse me, Carly?” Jack said befuddled.
“Jack, I’ve come to ask for you back,” She said, throwing herself onto Jack and hugging his neck.
Jack unwrapped her arms from his neck.
“Carly I don’t think my girlfriend here would like that you are throwing yourself onto me.” He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.
“Girlfriend?” Carly and I questioned in unison.
“Girlfriend,” Jack said as he kissed my cheek.
“Play along,” he whispered. I nodded and smiled.
I placed an arm around his back and placed my head on his chest.
“Jack, you choose her?” Carly was befuddled.
Jack nodded.
“She may not look like she belongs, but you don’t know her like I do, bu-”
I placed my hand on Jack’s shoulder and said,
“I think I can handle this Jack.”
He loosened his grasp on me and let me walk up to Carly. She was a tad taller than me but I wasn’t afraid of her.
“Listen here, Carly, cause I’m only gonna say this once. Jack doesn’t love you anymore. You left him and gave him a crappy excuse for leaving. Jack may seem distant at times but he doesn’t know how to feel. We grew up in the Satellite together and you had to be hardcore or else you’d get hurt.” It was then I knew none of what I was saying was acting. “Carly you don’t know him like I do and you never will because you never took a chance."
I walked back into Jack’s arms. I felt safe, warm, and wanted.
“I don’t believe you, Jack,” Carly stood aghast.
“Well believe it, sweetie,” Jack said as he looked at me and met my eyes. “I found my love.” Jack leaned in and captured my lips.
I was on cloud nine. I could tell Jack wasn’t playing around either. He had feelings for me. He was showing them to me while showing Carly he’s over her. I kissed him back with just as much love and passion. We pulled away as Carly was saying words from a vocabulary I’d rather not repeat. We walked away from Carly and thought about how she could possibly do anything to hurt us.

****

Months after Jack and I pretended to be together, Carly had tried everything to separate us. She put our relationship in the news and everything but we actually fell for one another. Jack and I were no longer pretending to be in love because we were in love. There were never any secrets between us from thereon. We had to get rid of everything that Carly could have used against us, but that only made us trust each other even more. Then Carly disappeared. We hadn’t heard from her, which was relieving.

2 Years Later

Jack’s PoV
A knock at the door was heard by the whole house. I opened the door to see Carly.
“What are you doing here?” I asked her.
“I’ve come to see how you and your girlfriend are doing.”
“We are doing just fine, Carly, and I’m not his girlfriend,” Autumn said from behind me.
“I knew it. Jack couldn’t have ever loved a Satellite like you.” Carly spat.
“You didn’t let me finish, Carly,” Autumn spoke with confidence as usual.
“What?”
“I’m not his girlfriend I’m his wife.” Autumn was now beside me and her wedding ring on her finger. Her hand on my shoulder. “Not to mention I’m the mother of his children.” She said, death glaring at Carly.
“WHAT?” Carly shouted with anger.
“That’s right,” I began. “Now scurry along, Carly, there is no way that you are ever going to separate us. You’ve tried everything already. It’s over.” I finished.
“Well I thought you ought to know she is Yusei’s sister,” Carly said with a triumphant look.
“I know and so does Yusei and everyone else in our group,” I said.
“I know everything about her, Carly, just give it up and move on. I have.” I closed the door in her face and turned to Autumn.

“Now that’s handled, there was something I didn’t get to do this morning.” I grabbed the small of Autumn’s back and pulled her close to me.
“And what is that, Jack?” She had a mischievous smile on her face.
I dipped my head down and kissed her deeply. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. The kiss may not have been our first but the kiss was more passionate and more loving than ever. It felt like the first day I kissed her.
“That,” I said pulling away.
We walked into the kitchen to make breakfast forgetting about everyone else in the world. No one was there but us two and the twins that were on the way.