Brisk (A Story Of A Girl and A Boyband)

• Dedicated to Regina Bonner

(A/N: despite how crimsyn and I have teamed up, this is a story that I, Ciani, have wrote on my own. I hope you guys enjoy it!)

-Jeremy's POV -

I can't believe I let the best thing that ever happened to my life walk our the front door -possibly forever. 

I'm always to shy to say what's on my mind. 

After all we've been through, I just can't say goodbye to her. 

I love her. I should've told her that. 

I wish I could build up the confidence to call her, but I'm Jeremy : the sweet, hungry, and shy one of the boyband Brisk. 

I got to get Laila back, if it's the last thing I do! 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

-Laila's POV -

I show up to work late on my very first day, quite a first impression, right? 

"Are you Laila? " I hear a voice call out to me. I turn around to find the source of the voice. It's a woman, she's dressed in the same Target uniform as I am so I figure she's my manager. 

"Yes! Hi! I'm so sorry I'm late! " I apologize. 

"Its okay, just don't let it happen again! " The woman replies, her voice is reassuring. 

"It won't! " 

"Let me show you around. " 

She shows me around the whole store and then assigns me to register 4. About 3 hours into my shift, a familiar face is next in line. 

"Why are you here? " I ask, trying to sound annoyed. 

"Its nice to see you, too, Laila. " Lynden, another member of Brisk says sarcastically. "You know, just because you and Jeremy broke up doesn't mean we can't still be friends, does it? " This time he sounds sincere. 

"I guess not, but I don't need you distracting me on my first day!" I say. 

"I'm your friend, that's what I do! " He laughs at his own remark and then his face turns serious."You know, Jeremy misses you." 

"I don't care, we are over. We've been over for a week now. That's the longest we've been broken up and I'm doing pretty good. Why won't he come tell me himself anyway? " I allow my irritation to show through my facial expression and tone. 

"He's too shy. You know that already! " 

"Well if he really wants me, he'll get me on his own! " 

"I'll tell him that." 

"Whatever. " I say. "I'll be by the mansion later to finish moving my stuff. " 

"Laila, don't do this." 

"Lynden, you're holding up the line." 

He sighs. "You're so stubborn. " Then he leaves. 

I think I miss Jeremy, too. But I need someone who shows affection no matter who is around and Jeremy doesn't do that! 

Plus, I'm doing pretty good without our up-and-down, on-and-off relationship! 

I can still hang out with Lynden, though. We've become very close friends. I will continue my life, without Jeremy. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

I get off of work at 9:30 pm. I go home to rest until I finally work up enough energy to go to the Brisk mansion. I still have my keys, so I walk right inside. 

"Laila? " Symir's face lights up like a kid in the candy store, full of both confusion and excitement. 

"Hey! " I greete him with a smile. Jeremy and I exchange awkward stares until I go upstairs to the room we once shared. 

Jake, another member of Brisk, comes in shirtless. Even though I don't have feelings for him other than friendly ones, I melt a little inside at the sight of him. 

"Moving back in? " He asks. He's more or less the mysterious one, so I can't read his face to tell if he's excited or not. 

"No. I'm just collecting the rest of my stuff." I answer. 

"You guys are seriously broken up this time? " This time I could hear the surprise in his tone. 

"Yeah." I answer. 

"I hope that we can still be friends, though. " 

"Of course! " 

Then, without any warning, I'm practically tackled by Nysir, another member of Brisk. If you have lost count, there are 5 members of Brisk : Lynden, Jeremy, Symir, Jake, and Nysir. 

"You're back! " Nysir exclaims as he hugs me tight. 

"No, I'm not. " I object as I release myself from the hug. 

"Why? " He asks sadly. 

"I'm done with Jeremy. " 

"Sorry to hear that. Want to discuss it over dinner? " 

"Definitely not." 

He laughs. "Kidding! "  

We all know that he's not kidding. I guess you can say that Nysir is the flirt of the group. I just laugh it off and continue packing. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::: 

-Jeremy's POV-

"Jeremy, go talk to her! " Lynden urges me. 

"No. I'm nervous! " I say. 

"That's why she doesn't want you anymore, you're too shy! " He says. 

"How do you know? " I ask. 

"I talked to her. Now go up there or I'll drag you up there! " 

"You won't drag me! " I say, trying to sound tough. 

"Oh yeah? " 

He grabs me by the collar and pulls me upstairs, stopping in front of my room. 

Jake, Laila, and Nysir all stare at me. 

"Jeremy wants to talk to you, Laila. " Lynden says, letting my collar go. 

Laila raises her eyebrow. 

"We'll let you guys talk." Jake says. Then he whisperes to me."Don't be shy! " 

Then all the boys leave, leaving Laila and I all alone. 

I gulp hard. 

What should I say?