The VMA's (video music awards)

(A/N: thanks to everyone who reads my story, I love you and tell your friends if you enjoy this story!)

-Laila's POV-

 I have great day at work and decide to go to a party with my co worker, Lu-Lu. It's at a club called Terminal. She introduces me to her friend, Ryan who seems to like me, but I push him away, and notify him of my boyfriend. When I get back to the mansion, my phone buzzes with "Jere" flashing on the screen. I smile to myself, and accept the call.

"Hey!" I answer the phone.

"Hey, babe! What are you doing?" Jeremy asks.

"Nothing."

"Really?" He asks suspiciously. "Word on the tweet is that you just came from a club."

"Oh, yeah, I did. What's the big deal?"

He let out a laugh. "I'm just messing with you."

I laugh, too and wished I could be with him, laughing in person. "I miss you already."

"I miss you more."

"I heard a fan kissed you."

"...Yeah..." I could sense the nervousness in his voice.

I laugh, it obviously reassures him.

"I couldn't tell if she tried to eat my face or kiss me!" I can hear Symir cracking up laughing in the background.

"You're so dumb!" I tease.

"I thought you were going to be jealous."

"Should I be?"

"No."

"I choose my battles. Now, if she was a 'Drop Dead Hottie,' I'd be pissed."

"Oh."

"Anything else exciting?"

"Not really. How about you?"

"I got cursed out by this little girl, she was about 15. I didn't want to get fired on my second day, so I let it go."

"Wow. You should've handled it, though!"

I laugh. "She wasn't on my level."

"Oh. What level is that?" Jeremy teases

"The highest level."

"I'm glad you didn't stoop to her level." Jeremy says, sounding fatherly.

"I'm growing up. Two months ago, I would've choked that girl!"

"I know right," He pauses for a moment and I hear an encounter with another voice. It's brief and his voice returns back to the phone. "Lynden wants to talk to you."

"Later, this is our time."

"True." He agrees. Then, a sudden burst of excitement and energy seems to erupt inside of him. "Guess where we are going?"

"Where?" I mock his excitement.

"To that huge diner where all celebrities stop to eat. We were actually invited!"

"Oh my gosh, that's great!" I continue to mock him.

"I know right! They must know me too well!"

"You're so greedy." I tease.

"That's me!"

We both laugh until I do that annoying snort.

"Aww.. you snorted."

"I know. It's so annoying!"

"I love it, and I love you."

It's a moment of dead silence. He's never said he loved me without force before. I can hear and picture his nervousness through the phone.