Chapter 2

Bell felt an awkward silence fill the room as he took his seat in the empty classroom. It was all very unnerving for the county boy. The cold hard plastic didn't have the same feeling as wood and it felt almost foreign. Even the ambient noises he was used to hearing were gone. The sounds of birds and tree leaves rustling together were nowhere. Only silence and the faint sound of footsteps outside the classroom.

'What do I even say...'

He gulped as he stared into her eyes. Beautiful they were, but also terrifying he couldn't entirely tell what she was thinking. Was she angry at him? Or was she just waiting for him.

"I-I ughhh."

He could barely form a sentence, the situation was hard enough as it was, the silence made it unbearable. His eyes began to wander downwards. Looking into her eyes wasn't helping but he also forgot what happened the last time he did this...

"Ahem!"

His eyes shot back up and this time he knew full well what her eyes were saying. She scowled a little not something he wanted to see on his first day but it was entirely his fault..

"S-sorry... I'm just a little nervous is all..."

He completely avoided looking at her turning his head down towards his desk.

'She super pissed I can tell. I've not even been in the class an hour and I've gotten on her bad side. So much for a fresh start...'

Artemis meanwhile watched the poor boy closely. It was obvious he wasn't from the city that much was certain. She could see it in the way he reacted to everything around him especially when he took a seat. It was clear he was used to more natural materials.

Artemis began to shift in her seat. 'I'm still not used to it yet either.'

Seeing his shy personality she decided to break the silence. Usually it was custom for the students to introduce themselves but given he was the only one she decided to make it easier on him.

"Just try to relax, I know this is... Difficult for you, being new to the city and all..."

"Huh?" Bell looked up from his position with a confused stare. "W-wait how could you tell I wasn't from the city?"

She laughed. "It's kind of obvious, firstly the way you move. Your not used to those shoes or any of your clothes for that matter. Your eyes light up at the sight of something new. I also bet your thinking. "I'm never gonna get used to these chairs."

Bell blushed as she hit the nail on the head. "Y-yes but how did you..."

"Know?" She looked down at her outfit and sighed. "I might not look it but I'm still pretty new to this city myself."

Bells eyes widened "R-Really..."

She nodded. "Indeed I'll be the first to say its gonna take some getting used to. But don't worry too much you'll quickly get used to it." She gave him a bright smile, something that slowly burned into his brain.

'She's so beautiful...' He shook that thought from his head the instant it arrived.

'No don't think those things...' Bell coughed into his hand and cleared his throat.

"Thank you miss Artemis I'm sure I will."

He gave her a big smile as the bell rang. Artemis looked at the clock and sighed.

"I suppose that's enough for introductions. I've learned all I needed to anyways."

She stood up though, as she did she caught him looking down at her skirt. It was then she realised it risen slightly, no doubt from the moment she sat down. She glared at him as she pulled it back down again. The boy went red and averted his eyes.