~Chapter Seven~

August 10, 2020. 9:23 A.M

Also! I've never noticed and forgot to mention, COVID-19 ain't existing!

Cloe's POV
"Don't believe her," The same girl's voice echos through my head. "W-What?" I ask. She stands on a stool, face to face. She just stands there, frowning.

"Your mother," She whispers. I look at her in confusion. "Why would I ever believe that...woman?" I ask, avoiding swearing in front of her.

"She has found you, you need to get away," She tells me. "She- She found me?!" I yell. She just simply nods. I look over to a sudden light, spotting her. She stands over my sleeping body.

"She puts something in the food and air, making you not be able to remember anything," She speaks to me. My eyes widen. "They're looking for you. The Australians are flying to Florida to find you," She says. I nod and pinch the brige of my nose.

"You only remember things through your dreams. You need to get out of the house for a long time so the substance wears off," She tells me. "You will have the urge to stay away from the house because of me, though you won't remember why," She tells me. I nod and open my eyes again.

"Thank you," I say, opening my arms for a hug. She hugs me tightly. She feels oddly needed and normal in my arms. "But, who are you?" I ask. She pulls away.

"I'm your-" She's cut off by a deep rumbling.

My eyes open quickly as I hear a deep growling. I shoot up, looking out of my window. It's super cloudly, dark and gray. I sigh and pull my blanket off of me. I head over to my closet, looking through it. I find my 'foREVer' hoodie. (We miss you, Jimmy :'(...) "I haven't worn this in forever!" I chuckle at my sort of reference. I slide it over my almost bare chest. I snuggle into it comfortably. I pull out some ripped jeans as well and slide those on. I have the sudden urge to go to the cafe around here and draw, or something like that.

I open my door, shouting down the stairs. "Mom! Can I go to the cafe!" I yell. "Why?!" She shouts back up.

"I'm bored, and want some drinks and to draw!" I yell again. "Alright! Get dressed and you can go," She says, a little quieter. I smile and grab my black, buckle, platform boots. I slide them on my feet and grab my sketchbook and pencil pouch. I look around for my phone, but it's nowhere to be found. I walk down the stairs slowly, looking for my phone.

"What are you looking for?" My mother startles me. "My phone," I reply.

"You...broke it a while ago, remember?" She asks. I shake my head. "Oh, well we can get you a new one tomorrow," She smiles. I nod and smile back.

"Alright, I'll be heading out now," I say. "Wait, here," She hands me $20. I smile widely and thank her. I head out of the house, pulling my hood over my head. Slight rain drizzles on me as low thunder rumbles in the distance. I start my walk to the cafe, which isn't far.

***

I approach the cafe, seeing the fogged up windows due to warmpth in the building. I enter, hearing the bell ring. A low chatter of people runs throughout the building. I place my things on an empty booth near a window and walk up to the counter. The male at the counter looks up and smiles.

"Hello, what can I get you today?" He asks sweetly. I smile slightly back and order. "Just a hot chocolate," I answer. He nods and writes down my order, sticking it onto the rotating metal above him. It goes around.

"Name for your order?" He asks. "Cloe," I respond. He nods.

"I will call you when your drink is done," He tells me. I nod and walk back to the table. I sit in the booth and open my sketchbook up. I flip past pages with graphite forming things and find a blank one. I grab a pencil from my pouch, staring blankly at the paper. The slight rain hitting the roof of the ceiling calms me as the scent of coffee and chocolate surround me. I breathe heavily, the smell engulfing my lungs.

"Hot chocolate for Cloe!" The dude from the front calls. I stand, quickly grabbing my cup. I thank the man and go back to my table. I feel the steam hit my face as I sit back down with it. I leave it to cool for a second before deciding that I'm just going to draw a random person with whatever comes to mind. I start sketching a head and look at it for a second. I grab my drink, taking a sip, feeling the hot liquid burn my tongue and warm my throat. I look up as the bell rings, indicating that someone came in. Three guys. One looks much younger than the others. The tallest is in front while two shorter guys stand behind him. The youngest seems aware and awake, while the others seem exhausted. I get the sudden urge to go back home, and get away from these men. I pull my hood over my face, hiding it from the guys. I close my sketch book and gather my things. I grab my drink and stand swiftly.