Birthday 2/2

I saw him just watching as I wasn't paying attention to Prince Vasily anymore, my eyes were locked with his. I realized I was staring and I looked at the Prince smiling like I'd heard what he said about I did not. I just nodded before I finally had to find a way to disappear into the group. There was so much hostility I could feel.

"Excuse me, Prince Vasily but I have to talk to the others thank you again." I said

"Of course, you will destroy the fold. I'll let you return to your little party." Vasily said

I walked away getting in the group of summoners but it didn't matter how far I got in this group I could feel him. I could tell he was waiting until I was alone before he would approach so I walked over to where some juice was as Genya was there. I smiled at her as I took one and had a sip to calm my nerves.

"You look worried." Genya said

"I have never felt such hostility towards someone, I shouldn't be able to but I feel like we're connected." I said

"You and General Kirigan?" Genya said "two sides of a coin?"

"Half of me is the other half of that coin and my tidemaker abilities he would gladly ignore." I said

I walked away from her as I drank more of the punch but I wasn't paying attention to where I was going cause I had a lot on my mind. The Winter Fete was coming up so I needed to figure out my performance in front of everyone and who I would speak with. I hadn't realized where exactly I was walking until I walked into someone and thank the saints my cup was already mostly drunk as I looked up to apologize seeing Aleksander.

"Amira, what is going on?" Aleksander said

"uh..well.." I started but Baghra came over "Celebrating the girl's birthday, you of all people would not deny that of the Dual summoner would you, boy?" Baghra said

"No, I would never deny her the celebration but you should have told me." Aleksander said and then he looked at me "I'll be right back. Don't run off anywhere."

I watched him leave and I questioned what he was planning next. The dress and the necklace, what more could he come up with for me to wear next. Still, we all had fun with what was going on and I didn't think any more about it until I put the cup down and sat down.

"Amira." Aleksander's voice said and I looked up seeing him as I wasn't sure what he was up to.

"Not now." I said

I got up and walked away but he grabbed my hand before I could fully get away from him. My mind was already swarmed with a lot on my hands and he just made me feel things I wasn't sure was right. We were never seen together in public, it was always in private so I wanted to walk away before anyone figured out what was going on.

"Amira, please I just want to talk." Aleksander said

I sighed as I turned to face him ready for whatever he had to say knowing that it wasn't going to be easy. I had to still be respectful to him and I knew that with Baghra's arrangement we were to be married if this worked out. I noticed he had two boxes in his other hand and I was ready to walk away if it might have been what I thought.

"General Kirigan I appreciate the idea that you want to give me a gift for my birthday but I think it would be seen as inappropriate-" Before I could finish he cut me off with a kiss.

I kissed him back as I ran my hand through his hair a little before he pulled away. I knew we were in public there wasn't much else I could do when he knew how to make me feel so weak to him.

"Sorry, I know that was a bit forward." Aleksander said

"You could be a little more discreet, you have a reputation to keep hold of." I said

He showed me the boxes he had for me and I was hesitant to open them but I took the bigger one first as I could tell it could have been a bracelet or something else. When I opened it I noticed it was not what I expected as I saw it was in a sheath as he took the box and I removed it from the sheath seeing it was a knife.

"A knife?" I asked

"A Grisha Steel dagger for protection, you need extra protection if you can't use your powers." Aleksander said

I saw him take it and he kneeled down as I watched him slowly move the dress up, making my heart race and blush as I saw he had something in his pocket but he wrapped it around my leg securely but gently before setting it back down. I was glad he was thinking about my safety and I knew that I had free movement in this dress.

"Thank you." I said

When he was standing in front of me with the other small box as I looked at it then looked at him. He seemed to be thinking about his choices as he looked in my eyes while everyone else was busy.

"This might be a bit soon, but I want to make sure people know you are going to marry someone." Aleksander said as he removed the top of the box showing a ring inside.

"Aleksander, this is.." I started but he put the lid back on the box

"Is it a bit forward?" Aleksander asked

"A little, Zoya already dislikes me and if she finds out I am to be your wife someday it will only add to her hatred of me." I said

"If Zoya has a problem with it I will tend to her, but will you wear it?" Aleksander asked

I knew that Baghra was like a 2nd mother to me, stern but she'd protected me all these years in the little palace. She'd guided me through my powers and this is what she'd wanted all along for her son to have a Grisha bride. I knew that there was no real answer when it came to what happened and what was going on. Still I knew he was right, I needed to face this head on like I was facing being the dual summoner.

"Yes, I'll wear it." I said

Aleksander opened the box again as he took the ring out and slipped it on my hand as I looked at it. Looking at it I noticed the symbols on it: the symbol of the darkling, sun summoner and tidemaker.

"Did the materialeki's make this?" I asked

"They do fascinating work, don't you think?" Aleksander asked

"Fascinating details, General." I said

I walked away to go back around my friends finding Marie and Nadia who were talking to people of their own. Marie and Nadia both noticed me after they were done talking as they came over, Marie taking my hands in hers as she smiled. I smiled back but then she must have felt the ring on my hand as she lifted it up seeing the ring and where it laid.

"Amira, when did you get engaged?" Marie asked

"It's a very complicated story." I assured her

"Do tell." Nadia said

"Well General Kirigan's mother knows my father and I guess they made some arrangement, he presented the ring to me tonight." I said

I couldn't wait until the day I could tell them the full truth about everything. Baghra, my father, General Kirigan it was all so much I had to keep locked inside for the safety of everyone.

"Well when you get married." Marie said

"If she gets married, she can change her mind." Nadia said

"right, if you get married. You must invite us to the wedding." Marie said

"When or if that is not today." I assured them

We all laughed and enjoyed the party for a while before we headed back to our rooms. Genya escorted me back to mine when she noticed the ring like Marie and Nadia. She smiled knowing I'd half truthed her with information to figure out what to do about this. I knew there was so much more going on then she could realize.

"Have a good night Amira." Genya said

"See you tomorrow Genya." I said