Chapter Twelve

Excuse the mistakes

------------

"Dylan?"

"Ria?" he replied suprised. "What are you doing here?" We stared into each others eyes, and I was captivated by the structure of his wonderful cheeks. I was stuck. How could I explain to him that I lived here after he dropped me home?

"Visiting," I lied smoothly.

"Oh um.. Here's your pizza..." He said awkwardly shoving the pizza in my face. I pulled out the cash and some extra tips. I handed him the money and for a moment we stood there staring at each other. A voice inside me told me to explain myself, but it was too risky. If I told him the truth he would look down on me or pity me and that was the last thing I wanted.

"Keep the extra and thanks." I nodded gratefully and smiled innocently.

"Yeah," he said looking surprised.  "Listen, Ria. Do you wanna hang out again?"

The question shook me. At first, I thought of shutting him off, but the memory of our last "hang out" was still fresh in my head and I liked that.

"Sure." I replied quickly.

"Really?!" He sounded excited and looked like a puppy with his big eyes.

"Yes now go before I change my mind!" I said sounding harsh.

"Right. See ya," he said turning around.

I ran back up to my room with the pizza, hoping he wouldn't come back to question me. My heart stopped when I heard a small knock on the door.

"Yes?" I questioned.

Christopher appeared in the doorway. Phew. "Ria, when are you free again?" asked Christopher gently.

"Anytime, why?"

"Well we need to settle the legal issues behind your inheritance. You're nearly 18 and that means we have to get the paperwork done and out of the way before then so you can transition smoothly into adulthood.

"Great, I'll be off now just one more thing," he said walking closer to the edge of the bed. "Are you okay? Dr Alex said you passed out at the hospital." He sat down beside me, the bed sinking around me as leaned over to grab a slice from the box.

"Right I'm off to bed now. Night sweetie." And with that he left.

The lights were turned off and the window displayed the shadow of the trees. But out of nowhere, a figure appeared on the roof.

A human figure.

-----------

° Vote ° Comment ° Follow ° Peace °