Chapter Thirteen

Mistakes are to be excused.
-------
The dark figure made it's way to my window and began to knock. I instinctly grabbed my phone and an old baseball bat from the corner.

Ready to press speed dial I made my way to the window very slowly. The figure began knocking impatiently. I opened the door slowly and raised the bat, ready for an attack. The window flung open and my jaw dropped all the way to the bottom floor.

"What the heck Dylan?!?"

"That look is priceless," he smirked.

"How and why?" I questioned curiously.

"Well I delivered the pizza and then just wanted to talk to you again. So I came up here. My shift is over."

I looked down and realised I was in pyjamas and looked horendous. I instantly felt self-concious. He shifted on his feet and closed the window. He grabbed the small bat out of my hand and chuckled.

"Ah, I don't think you would have had it in you to hit me with this."

"Try me," and with that I grabbed bat out of his hands. He stepped back and tripped over a chair, falling on his bum. I burst out laughing and clutched my sides. It wasn't until I heard footsteps down the hall that I realised the noise we were making.

Christopher would have went ballistic if he found a guy in my room at this hour and it would spark rumours.

"Quick! Hide under the bed!" I whispered grabbing his outstretched arm. He barely fit under the bed and had to bend his long legs.

Chris walked in with a quizzical look on his face. His hair was messy and he was wearing robes.

"Ria what are you doing? It's really late!" He said in a husky voice.

"Oh nothing, sorry. It's just the movie, I got scared and jumped up. Sorry." I improvised.

"Right, well don't make too much noise and you should get to bed. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." And with that, he closed the door. I sighed in relief as soon as I heard him close his own door. Dylan slid out from under the bed. His clothes were dusty and his hair dishevelled.

"You live here don't you?" He asked in a weird tone of voice.

I'd been caught and I didn't know how to cover up secret anymore. I took a shy step back as he started to walk closer to me.

"You lied to me about where you lived, didn't you?"

He stepped so close that we were now face to face. His hand touched mine as he stared into my eyes.

"I really like you Ria. But you can't lie to me. Friends don't do that."

"How did you find out?" I asked quietly, avoiding his eyes.

"I went to visit you today, waited around for ages. Until someone came out and told me that house has been empty for years."

"Since when are we friends?" I retorted, anger building up in fear that he would misunderstand, that he wouldn't care. I knew something like this would happen.

"I want to be more than that."

He tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and I looked away, melting at his soft touch. This couldn't be happening. His face was just milimeters away from mine. My insides were burning and I couldn't move. I avoided his gaze, but he picked up my chin gently. He leaned in slightly for a kiss, but I turned my head as he planted his lips softly on my nose.

Blood rushed to my cheeks and I was burning from the inside out. I stepped back and looked down. Part of me wanted this but I forced myself into refusing. He was just using me.

He scratched the back of his neck and put a fair bit of distance between us. He began pacing the floor and walked towards me again. He looked annoyed. Disappointed. Heartbroken.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"What's wrong? Haha, Dylan you can't just turn up at someone's house expecting them to kiss you. Besides, what makes you think I would?" I mocked.

"I thought you liked me..." His expression was full of hurt.

"Dylan, I'm sorry if you thought that, but it's not entirely true.."

"So you like me a bit?" His face lit up.

"A bit yes. I do feel a little attraction."

"So give me a chance. Let me prove it that I'm worth it."

"I'm sorry Dylan. You should go..." I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Fine. Bye," He opened the window and blew me a kiss. I nodded goodbye and closed the window.

As I sat on the bed I heard him knocking again. I rolled my eyes and opened the window.

"What now?!" I ask annoyed.

"Can I have a blanket?"

"Why the hell would you want a blanket?"

"Just please!"

I grabbed the nearest black blanket I had. He took it and threw it beside him. He pulled me out and put me on the roof.

"DYLAN LET ME GO!" I shouted/whispered. He chuckled and wrapped the blanket around me. I was scared when I looked down- the roof wasn't safe.

"Look at the stars." He pointed to the sky, which was illuminated by minature lights. The stars were almost never visible, but tonight there were no clouds.

He put his arm around me and pulled me close. I rested my head on his shoulder and felt safe for the first time in a long while. He was now looking at me intently. Our eyes met and he leaned down. His lips just inches from mine when I stood up and allowed the blanket to fall.

"I don't know why you lied about where you lived, but it's okay." His voice was deep and smooth, rich like coffee.

"Well goodnight Dylan."

"Who's Dylan?"

"You silly!"

He pulled the blanket around his neck to make a cape. "This is not the Dylan you speak of. This is The Dark Knight."

"Alright Dark Knight, come back when I need saving." He chuckled and jumped off with a smirk. He landed with a thud and ran towards the gate. He glanced at me again and ran away into the night.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up to find a message from James.

"Hey Ria, sorry, I was in work. Wanna hang out tomorrow? xx"

Oops.

-------------

#TeamJames or #TeamDylan ?????