Chapter Fifteen

Excuse le mistakes please

——-
I was summoned to the principal's office where I was scolded for "bullying" Caitlin. Mr. Herr was obviously on her side, accusing me of harassment and slander. If only he knew it was the other way around.
I was given detention for an hour after school, but I was going to leave school early anyhow.

I hopped off my seat in the blink of an eye the moment the bell rang. I walked into an empty classroom at the front of the building making sure no one saw me- sneaking out wasn't easy in this school. Carefully shutting the door I made my way towards the finger stained window. I opened it gently and threw my bag out the window. I

I chuckled and put my phone in my pocket and jumped out the window, my hair ruffling as I levitated for a few moments and landed with a loud thud. After I collected my bag, I began jogging lightly to the gate. The parking lot was quiet apart from a couple of football players lounging on the walls. They looked at me for a minute and began sniggering as I glared at them. My eyes scanned the group and found Dylan standing there with a stupid grin on his face. I wanted to know if what he said was true, but that would always be difficult to tell. Even though James was gonna pick me up in another 10-15 minutes, I decided I was going to have a little fun first. I walked over to the boys while pulling off my best smirk.

"Hey boys," I winked.

They were now staring at me with wide eyes and opened mouths. Harry Simmons spoke first.

"What could we do for a fine lady like you?" he mocked.

"The question really is what could she do for us!" Blurted a brunette boy who's name I didn't catch. They all burst into fits of laughter. All of them apart from Dylan and Harry.

"Guys, guys. Have a bit of decency. This fine woman here only said hello. Your parents didn't teach you to be gentlemen, eh?" Questioned Harry. What was I hearing? Harry the idiot jerk football player has manners? I must be dreaming.

"We all know what she came for." cracked the brunette boy again.

"Oh please enlighten me." I spoke calmly.

Dylan stepped forward. "We all know you're here for me, buttercup." I cringed at his term of endearment, but a part of me liked the soft look in his eyes.

"Of course I am honey." I stepped closer, playing along. With one swift movement I wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
The guys burst into laughter, all teasing Dylan. I should not have been here doing this.

Just then I heard the rumble of an engine which made me aware of a silver Mercedes containing James. "Sorry boys but I have to be elsewhere. Cheerio," I mocked and made my way to the car. Dylan's eyes were on me the whole time and a pang of guilt washed over me. I didn't want to hurt him. I now regretted my decision to text James.

James quickly stepped out and pulled me into a tight hug. He smelled of cologne, so subtle a fragrance, so attractive.

"Hey Ria!" He beamed, his smile reaching his deep green eyes. I noticed that his hair was styled oh-so-perfectly and that made him look cute. His sense of fashion was simple and not overdone; pair of jeans, plain tee, blue plaid shirt and sneakers.

"Hello the James," I mockidly greeted and giggled. He opened the door and I hopped in. One look at the gang of jocks laughing and gossiping was all I needed to remind myself why I hate high school. Dylan stood watching over me silently, his eyes filled with sadness.

***

We began with small talk; how are you and soon enough, our conversation progressed to our favourite things.