You're Not Sorry

As promised, Garcia didn't tell anyone about Spencer and Luke. Unfortunately, Luke got shot on their case right after Spencer told Garcia. 

Luke had chased the unsub through the woods. He lost the unsub for a moment, was disarmed, and got shot in the abdomen. While Spencer was terrified, he was also furious. Had Luke stayed with Tara, he wouldn't have been disarmed. Spencer rode with Luke in the ambulance. He at in a silent panic at the hospital as he waited for the team. 

"Any word?" Prentiss asked.

"He's in surgery now. They haven't said much, but... it was bad." Spencer pushed out. 

Half an hour later, Garcia showed up.

"Any news on Newbie?" she asked.

"He's in surgery. No updates yet." Simmons said.

Penelope went to see Spencer. He isolated himself in the back corner of the waiting room.

"Reid..." she started.

"Hey." he said, monotone.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be if Luke's fine."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, Reid, he's-"

"There was so much blood. I didn't tell anyone...I... he flatlined in the ambulance. Three times."

"Oh my god, Reid." She sat down next to him, and held his hand. Spencer let a few tears fall and tried to recollect himself.

"I'm gonna go tell the team, okay? Prentiss should know what happened in the ambulance."

Spencer nodded, and Penelope removed herself.

"Reid said that Alvez flatlined twice in the ambulance." She said, once Prentiss looked at her.

"He didn't tell us that." Emily stated.

"He's a little out of it. I'm sure he'll be fine, I think he's just overwhelmed."

Emily didn't seem to dwell on Spencer's misinformation.

When the doctor finally came out, Spencer couldn't breathe. He also, somehow, didn't hear any of what the doctor said. He finally zoned back in to Garcia's voice.

"Come on, Reid, we'll go sit with him." she stated, pulling the man up. 

The two followed a nurse to Luke's room. 

Upon seeing the injured man, Spencer felt ill himself. He fell to his knees next to Luke's bed. It was incredibly dramatic, but he was still processing the whole situation. He couldn't have prepared himself for how hurt Luke looked.

"I- he- Luke..." Spencer stammered through tears. 

Garcia, being the good friend that she is, kept watch. She made sure the team wouldn't see Spencer like that. Eventually the team came in, but Penelope made sure it was after Spencer's sobfest. 

Once Luke woke up, everyone checked in on him again, and then went home to rest. Spencer insisted to the team that he would stay with Luke to make sure nothing went wrong overnight. 

"You died." Spencer stated.

"No I didn't?" Luke asked, confused.

"Twice, in the ambulance. You flatlined."

"You rode with me."

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I?"

"I just didn't know."

"You shouldn't have chased him. That was stupid, Luke. That was so, so stupid of you."

"I'm sorry."