the truth/"i'm just a girl right?"

noah pov
"noah your late! and why do you have a hat on?" miss davis said as i walked in.

"oh my hat oh um it's because....because i um..." it was no use she already knew i was lying i should tell her. hopefully she doesn't make a big deal out of it.

"if i tell you you promise not to tell anyone else especially my dad?" i whispered.

"i promise just tell me and i won't be mad your a good kid" she said
"ok but can we do it outside?" i said while walking to the door.
"ok but make it quick i have to get back to work" she said
"ok i will"

alright you got this noah you can trust her right? yeah! ok just take the hat off in 3....2....1...

i take of my hat and see miss davis reaction. she looked surprised. noah who gave this to you! she said.

i knew she would make a big deal out of it. i sigh.

"m-my d...dad he gave me a black eye. that's why i had a hat on. i'm sorry. i say about to cry.

"oh noah" she said and then she hugged me. for the first time in forever, i felt loved. i cried into her shoulder until the bell rung. i stopped hugging her.

"i should go to my next class now. bye miss davis. i said about to walk away but then she called me back.

"noah wait! are you sure your going to be safe at home? i mean i could always call the police or- i cut her off.

NO! i-i mean no. you can't. if he finds out i told someone he'll- never mind" i said.

"he'll do what noah"
"nothing" i said while putting on my hat and walking away to my next class.

i was about to walk in math class but then i remembered that josh and i have math together.

"great, now i have to sit in a class with josh for an hour" i said rolling my eyes. i walk into the room and i see him talking to his friends.
i try to avoid him but he had already saw me.

"hey nerd!" he yelled from across the room.

"not now josh please i had a bad day" i said quietly.

"well looks like i'm about to make it worse!" he said laughing.
"just do it josh i already your gonna beat me up, so just get it over with" i said numb.

"with pleasure" he said happily. as he raises his fist i had already accepted he was gonna be the crap outta me. but the i hear a girl call his name.

"hey josh leave him alone!" we both look at the direction to where the voice was come from, and when i did i saw the most beautiful girl i ever seen. the popular girl: dixie d'amileo

she was walking up to us. "leave him alone josh he's done nothing to you" she said defending me.

"what are you gonna do about it? you can't fight your just a girl!" he said laughing.

"oh really? well can a girl do this?" as she said that she punches josh in his stomach and kicks him.

she bends down to him on the floor."owww are you crazy!?"

"i'm just a girl right?" she says mocking him.

"shut up! josh says while getting up mad.

"this isn't over nerd" he says about to walk away but dixie grabs his shirt and pulls him to to her.

"listen up buddy you might wanna leave him alone unless you wanna get kick and punched in the stomach again got it!?" she said mad.

the whole class starts laughing at josh.

"....whatever" josh said limping away.

dixie turns to me. "hi i'm dixie sorry you had to go through that. nice to meet you!" she holds out her hand for me to shake.

"i'm noah and it's ok. nice to meet you to!" i shake her hand.

and it was from there on, we were besties!

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚞𝚖𝚖 𝚘𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚕.

thanks for reading

word count: 710