Chapter 1

Fifteen-year-old Kenma stood and watched as his best friend finished packing up his room. He didn't want Kuroo to leave, but there was nothing he could do to stop him.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't notice Kuroo standing in front of him.

"Kenma? What's wrong?"

Kenma also failed to notice he was crying. He quickly wiped his tears and looked down, avoiding Kuroo's gaze.

"Nothing.. 'M just gonna miss you.." Kenma mumbles in return. Kuroo stared down at him for a moment before grabbing his favorite hoodie. He sprayed some of his cologne on it before handing it to Kenma. The shorter male looked up at the hoodie, then at Kuroo, confused.

"What..?"

"Take it. I want you to have it since I won't be able to see you for a while. I will not take no for an answer, so put it on before I do it for you," Kuroo spoke with a smile on his face. Kenma felt his face heat up as he reached for the hoodie, slipping it on over his shirt.

"Tetsu! Let's go!"

"Alright! Give me a second!" Kuroo responded to his mother. He turned to Kenma, who wasn't even bothering to hide his tears.

"Kenma.. Don't cry, it'll be ok," Kuroo pulled him close, wrapping his arms around Kenma's small frame tightly. Kenma leaned into the hug as he cried softly. His tears soaked into Kuroo's shirt, not that the latter minded. They stood there for a moment until Kuroo's mother called for him again. Kuroo tried to pull away but Kenma had a firm grip on the older boy.

"Kenma, I have to go. I'll text you every day, ok? We'll still talk, I just won't be down the street anymore." Kuroo tried to coax Kenma, but he didn't budge.

With a small sigh, Kuroo lifted Kenma's chin and made him look up at him. He stared at him for a second before smiling softly and leaning down a bit. He pressed his lips softly against Kenma's. The younger boy barely had time to react before Kuroo was pulling away.

"I'll text you later, ok? Take care, Kitten." He smiled at him as he walked off to his parents.

Kenma stood on the porch of what used to be Kuroo's home. He watched them drive off, Kuroo sticking half his body out of the window to wave at him. It made Kenma smile a bit as he waved back, though his smile faded once the car was out of his sight.

Kenma didn't go to school the next day. He just laid in bed and thought about everything. Kuroo, his feelings for Kuroo, the kiss... He was so in thought that he didn't even touch his games for hours.

He also lived in Kuroo's hoodie from then on. Kenma refused to wash it, so his mother bought him the same cologne Kuroo used so he could spray it after every wash.

As the years went on Kuroo began texting less frequently. Of course, it bothered Kenma, but he didn't want to seem annoying and clingy.

After about 2 years of Kuroo being gone, his messages stopped completely. Kenma occasionally texted him, but no response came. He lost hope and thought Kuroo forgot about him, so he decided to forget about Kuroo.

He convinced himself he never liked, never loved, Kuroo. He told himself it was just a small crush and it meant nothing. And yet he still wore the hoodie almost every single day.

It's been four years since Kuroo's move and Kenma is starting college. He was packing the last of his things when his eyes landed on the hoodie and cologne. He hesitated before spraying it once and putting it on. Call him what you want, but over the years it became very comforting for Kenma.

Once he was finished, Kenma brought all his things outside and put them in his car. As he was putting the last of his things in the car, his parents walked out to him.

"I can't believe you're going to college. Be good and have fun!" His mother pulled him into a hug, which he returned with a small smile.

"I will, Mom," He said as he pulled away and gave a small side hug to his father. Neither of them was very touchy people, but the little bits of affection they gave meant a lot.

Kenma waved to them as he got in his car. He turned on some music before he began his drive. The school wasn't that far away from his home, but he would be staying on campus since it was more convenient.

When he got there he signed in and got his dorm number and key. Kenma only took a few things in with him, he'd get the rest after a nap. He walked down a few hallways before stopping at door 55. He took a deep breath as he unlocked the door and stepped into the dorm.

Everything looked normal and it was pretty big for a college dorm. It had a small kitchen, a decent-sized living room, and a jack and jill bathroom that connected the two bedrooms.

Kenma set his stuff down and looked around a bit, that is until he heard a door open. He looked towards one of the bedrooms as a man with black wavy hair stepped out.

"Hello, I'm Akaashi Keiji."

Hello!! I'm sorry it's kinda short, but I'm hoping to make longer chapters soon. This is my first Haikyuu fic so I hope you enjoy it! Also, this book may have mild to major slow-burn, I'm not exactly sure yet. Anyway, I hope you like this book! And if you enjoy KPop fics (BTS) pleas check out my other books! Thanks for reading! :)

~Maki