Chapter 7

{Just a heads up, their school year will be based on the American school system. I tried to understand the Japanese school system and it confused me. So the boys started school in August and will end around May }

A few months had passed and Kenma had adjusted nicely to his new college routine. He had afternoon classes so he could sleep in in the morning. Coincidentally, so did Akaashi, Kuroo, and Bokuto.

Most mornings Bokuto and Kuroo would come over and hang out until classes started. At first, the throuple walked together by themselves, but after a few days, Akaashi asked Kenma to walk with them.

Kenma agreed and has been walking with them for about a month now. He's gotten less awkward around the three, especially Kuroo, and hangs out with them more often.

When Akaashi's boyfriends come over, Kenma doesn't hide in his room anymore. He isn't as shy and quiet and is quite fun to be around despite his blunt nature.

Most of the time when the four of them hang out it involves playing video games and movies. You'd think after a few weeks they'd get bored of it, but it was actually the opposite.

Within the few months he's been friends with them, Kenma learned a lot of things about the throuple, like that all three of them were good at cooking and they all take turns cooking for each other.

He knew Kuroo could cook because when they were little he would bake Kenma apple pie about once a month, and often cooked lunch for the two when Kenma was over.

Kenma couldn't cook, so he normally was the one to clean up after the other three. It was the least he could do and he didn't mind.

It was nearing Kenma's birthday and the boys decided to throw a mini party for him. They knew Kenma didn't like huge parties so it would just be the four of them.

Kenma wasn't aware of this, so he made plans to hang out with Hinata that day. Hinata knew about the party though, so he agreed to keep Kenma busy while the throuple set up his party. It was a win-win situation.

Bokuto was the most excited about the party by far. He was in charge of decorating and decided on a black and red theme. He thought it would suit Kenma's personality and aesthetic nicely. They had a few days before the party but he had all the decorations bought and hidden in his dorm.

Akaashi was in charge of the food for the party. He was going to make some onigiri and yakitori. He planned on buying a few snacks from the supermarket later as well.

Kuroo was in charge of making Kenma's "cake." He wasn't making a cake, he was making apple pie. It had been years since he made a pie for Kenma, so he saw this as the perfect opportunity.

It was 10 am on the day of Kenma's birthday. Thankfully it was a Saturday so no one had classes and Hinata could take Kenma around. The short ginger got to the dorms around 10 minutes ago and was waiting on Kenma to finish getting ready.

"Hurry up Kenmaaa!!" Hinata whined.

"I'm coming, Sho. Calm down."

Kenma walked out of his room in a pair of ripped jeans and, as usual, Kuroo's hoodie. His hair has grown out more so he pulled the top half back so it wasn't in his face.

"Where are we going?" Kenma asked, grabbing his phone and wallet.

"We're going shopping and out for frozen yogurt later." The ginger replied, putting his shoes on. Kenma only nodded and did the same. Once both boys were ready they went out to spend their day in the small town.

Since Hinata had Kenma out of the dorm, Kuroo, Akaashi, and Bokuto had a few hours to get everything set up. Even if they had a while they started setting things up as soon as Kenma left.

Bokuto and Kuroo came over after he left to help Akaashi set up. Bokuto began decorating the whole dorm while Kuroo and Akaashi made their way to the kitchen. There was some light flirting while the two shared the small space, but nothing too distracting.

A few hours later and the throuple was finished. The food was set out on the kitchen counters and his presents were set on the table along with his pie. Hinata had texted Akaashi not too long ago and told him they were on their way back, so all they had to do was wait.

After the longest 20 minutes of Bokuto's life, there were voices outside the door. He quickly ushered Kuroo and Akaashi to hide so they could surprise him.

When Hinata opened the door he kept the lights on, waiting for Kenma to do so. After the faux blonde slipped his shoes off, he flipped on the light switch. He didn't have any time to react before his three friends jumped out of their hiding spots.

"Surprise!!"