Chapter 1: A Visit

It was almost a year after the robot apocalypse. Life was finally back to normal, especially for Katie Mitchell. She finally got enrolled into her dream school to study film, got a girlfriend, and was finally living her best life. It was almost the end of the year, and the thought of Katie being able to see her family again since the trip to D.C. was exciting. But first, her school planned going on a field trip, just to tie the year up altogether.

The day for the trip finally came, and Katie was all ready to go. She walked out of her dorm and headed to Jade's, which was only a few dorms down. 

As she made it to Jades dorm, she knocked on her door, waiting for a reply. "Come in!" Jade exclaimed. 

 She walked in, feeling welcomed. "Oh, hi Kat!" Jade said with excitement. "Hey JJ! Are you ready yet? We're gonna head out in 5 minutes." Katie told her. "Yeah I am, I just need to tie up my hair." she responded. Katie always thought Jade looked beautiful with her hair down, but she loved the space buns too. "Ok! I'll wait for you outside." she said.

After a minute or two, Jade came out of her dorm, wearing her usual outfit and buns. Even if she always looked like this, Katie couldn't help but be amazed by her every time.

 "Alright, let's go!" Jade said, as she grabbed Katie's hand and started walking. They finally arrived, and noticed Dirk and Hanna were waiting for them.

 "Finally you two are here! We were waiting for almost an eternity!" Dirk complained."Dirk, stop over-exaggerating. Don't worry, you guys are fine, right on time too! The buses are arriving in a few seconds." Hanna informed them.

 Soon, the buses pulled up and the doors to them opened. Everyone went in each one, with no one being left behind. 

Of course, being in a group, they sat across from each other in pairs, with Katie and Jade sitting together, and Dirk and Hanna being the same. 

They talked for what felt like hours, and before they knew it, the arrived at Pal Labs.

As all the students stepped out, there was a different tour guide, one that wasn't Mark.

Without warning, they cleared things up. "Mark Bowman became ill at a short notice, so I will tour you guys today!"

"Is it just me or does the tour guide feel a little..odd?" Katie whispered to Jade. "No, not really." She took a sigh. "Babe, after the apocalypse you've been really paranoid lately, are you ok?"Jade asked. 

 "Huh? Oh, y-yeah I'm fine, I'm just listening to my guts I guess.." she said, a slight tinge of uncertainty in her voice. 

Katie gripped Jade's hand a little tighter, just hoping that nothing bad would happen. Everyone else, on the other hand, were fine. But the more Katie walked, the more she felt unsafe.

And she was right.

The moment Katie took her hand out of Jades, she felt something snatch her. It was fast, taking her hostage before she could even blink.

She tried to scream, but someone, or something, covered her mouth as she sobbed, hoping someone will help her.

But sadly, 

there was no one around to help.