Chapter 15

'Ti Amo, Italy' came into my view. It looked nice and cosy from the outside. It had a yellow ceramic brick wall, decorated with plush green ivy.

The yellow lamps lit up the place even more brightly. Although it looked small at the entrance, I hoped it would be spacious on the inside. I hated cramped up and loud noisy restaurants.

I had heard a lot of praises about this place and its authentic food, and I felt eager to try it out.

Ayaan too eyed with a satisfactory smile and then looked at me. I looked ahead instantly, before he could see my cheeks rubying again. We walked in. it looked as warm and nice as it had looked on the outside.

Not many people occupied the cute round tables making me smile to myself. A tall receptionist came up to us and welcome us with a toothy smile. She was dressed in an elegant pencil skirt and a silk white shirt.

She gestured us to a small, private space in the corner, where no one else could disturb us. On this side of the café, the lights were dim and the walls were smooth ceramic bricks with small plants potted in pots. Soft music played from the speakers above.

We settled down, and read the menus in silence. I placed the order for a ravioli for me and peach iced tea. Ayaan asked for a macaroni in white sauce with a diet coke.

I rested my elbows on the table and looked at everything but at the angelic face sitting in front of me. I wished I had more make up on and had dressed in something much more elegant, suiting the occasion.

"I think they shooed everyone away today, just because you were coming with me." I looked up to meet his eyes. "I have never know this place to be so deserted. It is always choc-a-block, and today it looks different." He paused to look at me.

"I like it this way. Where there is no noise and disturbance and trouble, it keeps me happy." I say through a smile but at this point I wanted nothing more than a hundred people between Ayaan and me.

I could stand the noise of a thousand loud speakers than this blood-curling awkward silence. I wanted to get up and run and run and stop only when I reached my doorstep. Would I be deemed stupid to have agreed to come out with him?

Yes! ABSOLUTELY!

He nodded at my reply, smiling slightly. I looked away before he could claim my gaze again. One of the reasons why I had fallen for Ayaan was the way he made and maintained eye contact.

It had driven me crazy back then, and now a sordidly crushing sensation was working its way up to my heart.

Soon, our meals arrived and I dug in hungrily. I stabbed the ravioli with my fork, tossed it around in creamy sauce and then placed it inside my mouth.

It tasted so amazing! Creamy, cheesy sauce flooded my mouth mixed with spiced herbs and oregano and other heavenly flavours. It was so yummy that Italy would be put to shame.

Oh god! I want to cry. I glanced at Ayaan as he was ate silently, watching me with a teasing grin. I tasted the peach iced tea and wished to see the chef and kiss him.

"You are eating that as if this is the first and the last time you're eating ravioli, is it that good?", he stretched his arm towards my plate and dug his fork into my food. I gave him a deathly glare because my mouth was full. He just laughed and shook his head.

When he tasted the pasta, his eyes went wide and he bobbed his head up and down in agreement. I laughed, looking at his surprised face.

After the dinner we ordered dessert. I went for a 'pain au chocolat'. My favourite dessert since I got to know it was my favourite dancer's favourite too. When it arrived, my mouth watered at the mere fragrance of it.