Ep 16 - Double Trouble

At Dareth's dojo, the ninja are training Lloyd who is trying to light a light bulb with his Lightning. He grunts as Jay passes him.

"Focus, Lloyd. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it."

Lloyd steadies his breath, concentrating on lighting the light bulb, "I understand. I am in control." He grunts as the light bulb starts to flicker.

"Come on, Lloyd. You can do it." Jay encourages.

Lloyd overheated the bulb, causing it to explode. He kicks the shards away, "Aah! Stupid light bulb! You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try."

Kai rubs his nape, "Ugh, sorry, Lloyd. That was the last light bulb."

The ninja looks around to see broken shards from multiple light bulbs everywhere.

(Y/n) picks up a shard and inspects it, "This was what, the fiftieth one?"

Cole hands the kid a broom, "Clean up, Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow."

Lloyd grits his teeth and snatches the broom out of Cole's hands. Instead of cleaning up the glass, he uses it to punch a punching bag. Taking his frustration out on it.

Jay sighs, "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power."

Lloyd's broom hits him on the head, knocking him down. He quickly stands on his feet and stomps towards the punching bag, pointing a finger at it, "You dare to defy the Green Ninja!?" He then punches the bag violently as the ninja watch with (Y/n) quietly snickering.

Wu pulls Jay aside, "Patience, Jay. Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

Nya enters the room, wearing her fabulous sequined dress, "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Nya!" The ninja greeted her.

Nya plays with her hair as she walks up to Jay, "Hey, Jay. Uh, wanna come by the auto body shop later?"

"Uh, the auto body shop?"

Nya smiles, "Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on."

Jay wore a goofy smile, "Uh, sure, heh." He notices Nya holding a letter. "Uh, what you got there?"

Nya looks back down at the letter, "Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd." She hands it to Wu.

Wu examines the letter, "Hmm. It's from Lloyd's old school."

Cole raises a brow as he and the others walk over to them, "The Darkley School for Bad Boys?"

Wu corrects him, "Formerly bad boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkley School for Great Children."

Kai chuckled in disbelief, "Heh, wait. They've turned good?"

Wu looks back at the letter, "Hmm, it says here there's going to be a ceremony."

Cole perks up, "I love ceremonies." He nudges (Y/n), causing (Y/n) to smile. "That means there's going to be cake."

"Lloyd's change inspired them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence." After hearing what Sensei told them, the ninja smile proudly at Lloyd.

Lloyd snapped the broom in half with his knee and headbutts the punching bag, causing (Y/n) to snort. I must resist the urge to headbutt the punching bag. For the sake of being a role model.