IX

F A L L O N

"Tell me why I got this feeling, that you really wanna turn me on. Tell me why I got this feeling, that you really wanna make me yours. 'Cause I see you tryin'. Subliminally tryin'"

. . .

My whole body feels like it's on fire with his gaze focused on me. Being in the same room shouldn't be this exhilarant.

"Figured you were looking for some food, wanted to see what there is since I'm not in the mood for cooking," he tells me, walking further into the room. I nod, vocals not wanting to cooperate.

Not knowing what to do, I hoist myself up on the counter and swing my legs, my heartbeat doing a workout in my ribcage.

"I... I was looking for some instant noodles," I explain, raising my thumb and pointing towards the cupboards behind me.

"I see," he hums and walks over towards me, standing right in front of me as he stretches out his arm to reach above me.

As he does so, he leans into me and since I'm taller than most people and sitting on the counter, his lips faintly brush over my forehead.

If I were to stand, I wouldn't reach his head. Barely his shoulders since he's such a tall man.

His hand reappears, holding the instant noodles. "Thank you," I whisper, looking up into his eyes.

"Would you, uhm... like some of that, too?" I ask him, swallowing harshly. The corner of his lips tugs up.

"Sure."

With a little nod, I slide off the counter and feel his body against mine for a hot second, before I move away and scurry out of the pantry.

Back in the kitchen, I hear the distinct noise of Suzie's iPad in the living room. Scurrying around the kitchen, I boil some water and grab two boils, putting the noodles in them.

"Do you want me to make you an egg? Some people like to eat them with the noodles," I explain. Nicholas' gaze bores into mine from across the counter.

"I'm good, thank you."

Nodding, I wait around and thank the lord when the water is done boiling. Taking the water, I pour it in both the bowls, taking some chopsticks and moving it around so the noodles loosen up.

Pouring some spice mix over them, I let the water soak everything in before putting it away. I slide the bowl over towards him with a pack of chopsticks.

"There you go," I quip tightly, watching as he takes the bowl. "Thank you," he says, before turning around and leaving the room.

I hold back a scoff. He could have been polite enough to eat here with me.

Whatever.