Epilogue

F A L L O N

"But you showed me what it means to be happy ever after, in love forever. And you gave me the key to all your love and all your pleasure. Boy, you're my treasure."

. . .

The next day, I decide to skip classes and Nicholas doesn't go to work. We spend the day together, cooking and watching unsolved mysteries on TV.

Every time I look at Nicholas and realize he's my boyfriend, a huge smile ends up threatening to split my face in half.

I told Donia everything on the phone. Her screams of excitement are still echoing in my head and she kept on telling me how happy she is.

Then she asked me to give the phone to Nicholas, and she threatened to cut his balls off if he ever hurt me.

I even told Reed, and he reacted happily to the news. Told me I deserved to be in a good relationship.

Turning my head, my lips meet Nicholas' in a kiss. "I love you," he whispers against my lips.

Like a lovesick girl, I giggle and blush. "I love you," I reply and get lost in his kisses.

We're upstairs in my room, cuddled and watching the TV, when the doorbell rings downstairs.

"Are you expecting someone?" Nicholas asks. I shake my head with a frown and get up, adjusting my sweats and top before descending the stairs and walking towards the front door.

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't my dad standing at the door with his suitcase.

"D-dad?" I ask, half in shock and half in happiness at seeing him.

He opens his arms, and I don't waste a second walking into them and hugging him to death.

"I've missed you, little one," he murmurs, hugging me tightly to him. I smile and bury my face in his shoulder. "I missed you too," I tell him, though my voice is muffled.

His familiar, deep chuckle vibrates against my cheek and I feel the tears stinging my eyes. It's been weeks since I last saw him, yet it feels like so much longer.

"What are you doing here?" I ask when I've withdrawn.

He frowns. "We talked about me coming over last week, don't you remember?"

Fuck, I didn't think he'd come this soon.

Double fuck, Nicholas is upstairs. And dad isn't fond of him.

Well shit.

I worry my bottom lip and hesitantly invite him in, closing the front door behind me.

"Dad..." I trail off and squeeze my eyes shut in frustration. I don't know what he might think when he finds out Nicholas is here.

But I know it won't be pleasant.

Then again, Nicholas told me that dad gave him my address.

"What?" he asks and throws me an unsuspecting glance.

Oh well, tell him.

"Uhm... I have a boyfriend."

I squeeze my eyes shut and want to slap myself. Should've specified.

Dad's eyes are widened in surprise when I open my eyes again. His eyebrows might as well be touching his hairline and his lips are parted. He's... speechless?

"W-what? When? Who?" he stammers and rakes a hand through his hair. He abandons his suitcase and shakes his head.

Then, he pauses and his eyes widen in realization. We hear footsteps coming down the staircase and dad lets out an unbelieving sound.