Chapter 27: The Family

Carissa POV~

"Did you know your mom had anorexia?" Dad asked. My mom had anorexia? "She did?" I asked nervously. Anorexia can be hereditary. Oh God. "Um yeah she did. She had it when she was fourteen." Dad rubbed his neck. "And you never told me? Dad anorexia can be hereditary!" I screamed. This could have been prevented. "Well I never thought anything about it!" He screamed back. "Did she overcome it?" I asked more calmly. "Uh yes and no." He sighed. "Kitty I didn't know it was hereditary." He added. "It's okay dad." I leaned in and hugged him. "I love you." Dad said. "I love you too." I said back.

"Can Carissa stay in my room?" Harper asked dad. "If Carissa wants too." Dad chuckled. "Do you want to Carissa?" Harper gave me a toothy grin. "I would love too." I giggled. "Yay!" She drug me into her room. "Disney movies?" She pointed to her vast collection. "Of course! I want to watch Tangled!" I squealed. "Okay!" She giggled. I walked over to the collection and picked out the movie. I put it in the DVD player and fast forwarded through all the commercials. I hit play and turned off the lights. I then sat right next to Harper on her bed. "Can I ask you something?" She looked at me. "Sure Harper." I smiled. "Do you have a boyfriend?" She giggled. "No... Do you?" I raised my eyebrow. "Don't tell Kellin!" She said. "Okay I won't." I winked at her.

After the movie I started to braid her pretty brown hair. Harper started to ramble on about a girl at her school. "And she told Isabelle to give her back the Barbie! She is so mean!" Harper exclaimed. "She sounds really mean." I giggled. "Uh yeah she does." Harper said. I looked at the clock. 9:05 P.M. Time flies when you are having fun. "When is your bedtime Harper?" I asked. "9:30." She answered. "Maybe you should get ready for bed." I said as I tied off her braid. "Thanks! I guess I will." She groaned after the last part. "I'm going to talk to my dad real quick." I told her as I jumped off the bed.

"Dad?" I called out into the living room. "Over here." I heard a voice from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen to see dad and grandma. "Hey..." I awkwardly waved. "Is Harper getting ready for bed?" Grandma asked. "Yes, I'm pretty sure." I took a seat at the bar. "Okay good." She said. "What's up Kitty?" Dad asked. "Um how long are we staying?" I was curious. School started August tenth, which is in a few weeks. I still have to get "school appropriate" jeans. I also have to get school supplies. There is some party that is being held by one of the kids in my grade for new students. I'm just really anxious. I like to get stuff done way before it is needed to be done. Except for homework. Homework can wait. "We are leaving day after tomorrow." Dad took a drink of his alcoholic beverage. I'm pretty sure it was beer, but I can't see the name of the brand. "Okay... Well I'm going to go to sleep." I mumbled. "You? Sleep?" Dad chuckled. "Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes and jumped down from the stool.

"Harper!" Hudson banged on the bathroom door. "Shut up Hudson!" Harper said. "Isn't there another bathroom?" I giggled. "Yes but this is the one my toothbrush is in." Hudson pointed at the door. "Harper get out!" Hudson continued to bang on the bathroom door. "I'm almost done!" She said. I giggled as I walked back to her room. I quickly changed into some athletic shorts and a tank top that hugged my ribs. "I'm back." Harper sang as she walked into her bedroom. "You get to meet my daddy tomorrow." Harper smiled. "Where is he?" I thought dad's dad left when he was younger. "Business trip." Harper plopped onto her bed next to me. I guess they have different fathers? "Well I'm excited to meet your dad." I smiled. "Can I borrow a pillow and a blanket?" I asked Harper. "Sure." She handed me a pillow and blanket. I slid onto the floor and made a pallet. "Goodnight Harper." I faked yawned. I wasn't tired. "Night Carissa."

A/N: total filler. The next few chapters will be fillers until she starts school.

I guess I might test drive a question of the day...
QOTD: Favorite Sleeping with Sirens song?

AOTD: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son or The Strays. x