Chapter 4: The Dead Won't Talk

The men stood inside the house as they looked out the window, Death watched as everyone was being slaughtered. They came to the decision that it would be best if they just didn't interfere. Death quickly forgot about his theory on why so many had shown up, instead just assuming they were there to finish the job and kill the rest of the civilians. The men did nothing but watch as multiple families were murdered. The crew was scared, they didn't want to die after making it this far into the mission. They were ready to just wait it out. As Death watched all of them die, he began having flashbacks of a little girl screaming while a woman beside her was shot in the head. He quickly left the flashback as he saw a soldier push a little girl to the floor, randomly he pulled out his gun and said, "Men! Change of plans, your orders are to open fire!"

"What?" one of the men said before Death shot the soldier, the rest of the men out of pure reaction pulled out their guns and started firing at the soldiers as well. After they killed a few they went back into cover.

"What the actual fuck was that! You just gave away our positions, because of you we're all gonna die. You stupid bastard!" George yelled. The crew just sat in silence, staring at Death. None of them said it, but it was obvious most of them silently agreed with George.

"Think about it, we are one of the reasons we're winning this war, are we not?" Death said. "All 7 months we have been slowly changing the outcome. 7 months ago the U.N.K was losing, the Russians were slowly invading our land and we were losing people by the thousands."-

Death took a pause to make sure everyone was listening and continued, "We made history when our team was formed, we are the highest skilled marines in this country, so why the fuck aren't we acting like it?"

The crew remained in silence.

"The point is, we are the strongest Brits there are, if it wasn't for our sacrifices and dedication we would've joined the evil communist regime!" spouted Death as he continued on, "together we are the strongest team out there, we can't let a bunch of red hats take us down! Not after everything we've done so far."

As Death was ranting more trucks started pulling up with Russians inside, the 2 tanks rolled up and aimed their cannons at the house. A man walks up with a megaphone, "We're going to give you one chance, come out with your hands up or we will kill all of you!" the man said in Russian.

"We all signed up for this when we took the job! We signed our life's away knowing damn well of the risks! But we're all here for a reason, we're here to save lives, to bring an end to this war. But we can't do that if we're hiding away in a house and letting a few red hats get the better of us, can we?" Death yelled. The crew looked at him before one of the men stepped up and asked, "Alright, so what's the plan?"

"Just do what you do best, kill the enemy," Death replied.

"Alright, last warning! Come out with your hands up or we will have no choice!" the man outside said as his crew aimed rocket launchers, machine guns, tanks, and much more at the house. "Alright, they're not coming out, open fi-"

The man's words were cut off as the door opened.

"Hold your fire!" the man said, thinking the crew had finally given up.

Then, one of the men came running out with a pistol in both hands and began shooting at the men. The Russians were thrown off guard, each one of the crew members came out with a different type of gun, shooting and killing many Russians. One of them even came out with knives and began to throw them into the skulls of the enemy. The whole crew dispersed as they tried to kill as many Russians as they could, one of the Russians ran up to Death with a knife, Death grabbed the man and swung him over his back before blowing a hole through his head. The crew moved so fast and with such great skill that the Russians had no idea what to expect next. Thomas and George ran up to the 2 tanks before unlatching them and preparing to toss grenades inside, all while John was stabbing and slashing as many Russians as he could find. A Russian jumped up from behind a box and began firing at John, he then quickly threw his knife at him. He was aiming for the heart but it missed and hit his torso. John quickly ran up to the man, pulled the knife out of his stomach, and proceeded to stab his neck, killing him on the spot. As George unlatched the tank a Russian came quickly crawling out and getting ready to fire at George. But George was faster than the Russian. He kicked the Russian back into the tank before tossing the grenade, shutting the latch, and jumping off the tank as it shook from the shockwave of the explosion. Now, it was Thomas's turn.