• 𝟬𝟱 •

𖣔۞𖣔

✯ • 𖣔 • ⌘ •                      ۞                      • ⌘ • 𖣔 • ✯

𖣔۞𖣔

Skating through the town of Smallville Rachel tried to calm the speed of her heart beat. It was becoming increasingly difficult to control it.

And the cause of it had a name.

Jordan Kent.

Why did it always have to involve him?

Rachel didn't know.

Her heart beat would increase just by hearing him laugh or seeing him smile. Whenever she heard his laugh it felt like something inside of her exploded into everlasting butterflies that wouldn't stop bothering her. It didn't help that her powers wanted to get out of control.

He made her feel an emotion she could not discribe.

An emotion she never thought she'd ever know or feel.

A 'gurgling croak' snapped Rachel out of her thoughts, reminding her that she was heading somewhere.

The Smallville Gazette

To distract herself from a certain Kent boy that wouldn't leave her head Rachel wanted to check in just in case Chrissy wanted Rachel to be her ears in an upcoming story.

Being careful to not drop Corvus from her shoulders Rachel pushed the door to the gazette to be met with a bored Chrissy.

Chrissy sat on her counter typing one her keyboard like she had all the time in the world with her head on her hand.

"Boring afternoon?" Rachel asked, her voice bouncing off the walls of the building. "You have no idea" Chrissy said in a monotone voice, she almost sounded like Rachel on her bad days. "Have you read The Daily Planet's article yesterday?" Chrissy asked, lifting her head up from her hand.

"Yeah it didn't sound like the typical Lois Lane at all" Rachel said, setting her bag on an empty part of the counter. Letting out a sigh Rachel took a seat on an available chair. "I was going to see if you wanted a pair of eyes anywhere for a story" she told her, "but by the look on your face you don't".

Chrissy let out an exasperated sigh, "it's been a quit day" she said earning a scoff from the teen.

"I'm going to the restroom" Chrissy quickly got up and headed towards the door with a dress wearing stick figure.

"Oh boy" Rachel joked, earning a delighted 'croak' from Corvus.

Rachel started up her MP3 player drumming her fingers on the edge of the desk. Hidden behind the computer Rachel failed to notice a person enter the Gazette until she heard their voice.