[Chapter 2]

[Henry POV.]

"Here kitty kitty. Where are you hiding?" The human, by this point I knew his name was Charles, called out. Slowly I crawled out from under the couch and meowed at him. So far he has been really nice to me. "There you are." He said, happily as he picked me up. And then he started walking. And then he opened the door and went outside.

Now is probably a good time to tell you that vampires are not affected by the sun like some people say. At least the sun doesn't affect vampires like myself. Older vampires that are from millions of years ago are affected by the sun. But over time vampires have grown to not get injured by the sun. On top of that vampires like myself only need to feed weekly unlike the elders who have to feed daily.

Anyway, so wear walking and it is a really nice day. And then we started walking torge the entrance of this building. Big red words are written on the building: "Vets Office."

Wait- vets are like an animal's worst nightmare. And Charles was taking me to one! No! No no no no no! Charles, how could you betray me like this!? I thought we were friends!

I started meowing and screaming at the top of my lungs causing a rucest as we entered the building. "Shh- calm down buddy. It's going to be alright." He said softly, trying to reassure me.

My eyes darted around as I sunk into the comfort of his arms and I stopped screaming. Soon Charles started talking to the lady at the desk. This place was mostly white, blue, and red. One of the weirdest color pallets I have seen. I was too fixated on looking around to hear what Charles and the lady were talking about. But soon we started walking again. Oh no where are you taking me now? And then Charles sat down still holding me in his arms. And we sat there in silence for quite some time before Charles' name was called and he stood back up. And we walked for a few minutes before entering a new room.

"Good evening. How may I help you." An old looking man said softly.

"Just came to make sure the kitty here is healthy!" Charles said joyfully. He set me down on a weird looking table. I felt every part of my body shaking. When the old man got close I hissed at me and he backed off.

"Say- where did you get this little one from?"

"Umm.... an alleyway. I didn't want to just leave them there so I took them home with me." Charles said nervously. "But they're really sweet I swear! They're just scared!" The old man let out a sigh. The old man approached me once more and I hissed at him again. This time he didn't back up.

"Look kitty. I get your scared but I really have to give you this cheek up. I promise I won't hurt you." I stared at the man for a moment before sitting down. "Oh waw- I never had a cat listen to me before." He commented with a smile.

The rest of the visit wasn't really pleasant or fun- but at least the old guy kept his promise.

"Thank you sir!" Charles said happily as he gently picked me up.

"No problem young man. Make sure to take good care of him alright?" The old man told him. How rude- no one tells my Human what to do! But yes- I would like some respect.

"I will! Don't worry!" Charles said walking out of the room and soon, out of the building. We walked home in silence for the most part. But the silence was soon broken by what Charles said; "I really need to give you a name don't I?"

I just meowed in response. "Hmmm... how would you feel if I called you... Snow?" I hissed at the suggestion of the name. "Ok what about- Knight?" Again, I hissed. "Um- Winter?" Again, I hissed. "Oh come on! You got to give me something to work with here!" He said opening the door.

I Jumped out of his arms and took a deep breath as I heard the click of the door shutting. And then I shifted into what people would call a human form. I turned my head to look back at him and his mouth was gaped open as his eyes were wide. I turned around fully.

"Sorry, I already have a name. It's Henry. Though the names you suggested are really cool!"

"O-oh ok." He stuttered a bit. He was still in shock from seeing me turn from a cat to a human. Don't blame the guy. It was probably a rare sight to see. "Well um... " He raised his hand out. "I'm Charles. It's very nice to meet you Henry."

"It's nice to meet you too, Charles." I said, shaking his hand.