[Chapter 5]

[Henry POV.]

The moment I was allowed out of the strange contraption I ran inside and waited at the front door for Charles. He took a few minutes to talk before he walked over and opened the door and we entered the house. When the door was open I ran in and flopped down on the couch before letting out a loud groan.

"Why is it so hot during the day time?" I asked despite how muffled my voice was.

"Because it's still summer?" Charles replied with a chuckle.

"Who the hell is Summer?" I asked, parking my head up to look at him.

"Summer isn't a person, it's a season. It's the time of year where it gets hot." Charles told me.

"When will it end?" I asked, whining slightly.

"Once fall comes around in a month or two." Charles told me.

"I can't wait that long!" I whined.

"Sorry bud." He said, sitting down next to me. "But I can't control the weather."

"Well why not?" I asked in a complaining tone.

"I just can't. I wish I could but I can't." He replied. I let out a groan before turning into my cat form and jumping onto his lap and lay down all stretched out. Charles let out a soft chuckle before beginning to give me head scratches. I let out a soft meow in joy. "You really like head scratches don't you?" He asked me with a giggle. I let out another meow in joy.

My ear then twitched as I heard something. I lifted my head up as I looked around. "What wrong kitty?" Charles asked softly. I stood up and stretched my front arms and put my paws on his chest before turning back into a human.

"I thought I heard something coming from nearby." I told him, looking behind me before looking back at him. His eyes were wide as his face turned slightly red. "Is something wrong? Your face is all red."

"Huh? No! Everything is fine!" He reassured me.

"You sure?" I asked, tittling my head to the side.

"Yep!" He stated giving an awkward smile. "Can you please go back into your cat form now?" He asked. I thought for a moment before shrugging and going back into my cat form. "Thank you."

I let out a soft meow before laying back down on his lap. We sat in silence for a little while before:

"Ya know, I've been wondering-" He started. I lifted my head up to look at him as he continued to give me pets and head scratches. "What are you even? You don't seem to need to eat. Your sleeping schedule is all over the place. And of all things you can turn in and out of a cat! So- what even are you?" He asked, looking at me. I let out a small sigh before standing back up and putting my paws back onto his chest before turning back into a human.

"Can we not talk about this right now?" I asked. I didn't want to say I was uncomfortable with the topic. I was just not ready to tell him what I am. But the way he responded was surprising.

"Ok, I get it." He told me, taking my hands in his. "You don't have to tell me if you're not ready. But when you're ready to tell me I'll be here." A smile grew on my face as I pulled my hands out of his before wrapping my arms around his shoulders in a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"No problem, Hen." He said softly with a chuckle. I pulled away and looked at him, tittling my head to the side.

"'Hen'?" I repeated with a confused tone.

"Oh, do you not like it? I can call you something else if you want." He said, a hint of worry in his tone.

"No! No, it's fine. I just- I have never been called 'Hen' before." I stated, giving him a friendly smile before. "Chicken yes but never Hen." Charles' expression changes to a confused and slightly angry expression.

"Why would anyone call you Chicken?" Charles asked. I shrugged. He let out a soft sigh before running his hand through my hair causing me to giggle. He then moved his hand down to my chin and then began to scratch it before I started to purr. A soft chuckle left Charles' mouth as he continued to scratch the bottom of my chin.