Part 1 ( prologue)

( A/N: BESTIES IM BACK. FR THIS TIME)

It was a quiet evening, strange considering it was halloween. Children would normally be running all over knocking on doors and trying to find the lucky house that gave out chocolate frogs or the occasional full sized Botts every flavor beans.

But it seemed like the world knew of the tragedy that had happened. The one that took place at Godrics Hollow, marking an end to the raging war.

Severus certainly knew, before the order even caught wind of it he was already fleeing towards the house.

He was horrified at the eerie silence of the house, broken by the terrified cries of a baby.

He barely registered the body lying limp at the threshold before making his way to the person he really came for. He found lily on the second floor in the nursery, the baby crying for his mother as severus clutched her body.

" no lily, no no no...." he trailed off into sobs.

He let out a cry, causing harry more distress but at this point he felt like his heart had been shattered.

He was supposed to meet lily next week, at a tavern to reconcile. Severus had gotten over his love for lily a long time ago but the one thing he always regretted was never making things right.

So when she reached out he was overjoyed, not that he'd show it but he was. She herself sounded happy when he finally said yes, shrieking excitedly over the fire when they talked to reconfirm.

But now it was all ripped away from him in a second, all because of the 'Dark Lord' he so called worshipped.

He turned his attention to the baby and walked over to him. Using a spell, he wiped off the blood dripping from his scar.

" shhh." He said softly, taking him in his arms.

" lets get you to the order."

His tone was solemn and harry slowly stopped crying, sniffling softly.

Then there was a crash downstairs and severus immediately jumped. Carefully walking down the stairs he held his wand close and harry even closer.

As he descended the stairs, the source of the noise became clear and severus' eyes widened.

" potter!" He yelled, running down as james struggled to stand.

" Snivilus? What the hell are you-?" James' eyes went from severus to harry and it seemed like all the events of that night came flooding back.

" no no- is lily-?!"

" you dont want to go up there." Severus held a hand to his chest.

" let me through."

" you're weak, and you.....im sure you already know what you're going to see up there." Severus looked down.

But ever so stubbornly james insisted. It was to the point where he was about to collapse from sheer exhaustion and severus took matters into his own hands.

Hooking his elbow around james' he stopped his squirming.

And without warning the three left the scene with a 'pop'.

————————————————————-

Severus sat next to james' hospital bed, silently mulling over what happened until he heard sheets stir.

James opened his eyes and immediately sat up. He looked around frantically, clutching at his shirt until he finally caught sight of severus.

" Snivilus, what are you doing here?" He panted.