[2005]

Alexei found it ironic how on such a quiet summer night, everything was burned to the ground, his first thought was to rush to the house of the one he hated the most in his life, he accepted defeat a long time ago, why does his memory feel like it happened just yesterday the last time he saw the girl he stole from her in white.

- "Alexei what's wrong?" Karina asked as soon as he forced himself into her house, something must've happened, it's too late at night.
-"I have to see Theodore, is he here?"
-"He went to grab a few things from his office, are you okay?" She noticed the hidden worry behind his calculated expressions.
- "It's..." He decided to not mention what happened, he still couldn't bear the thought of having her heart broken, their children were involved in something so horrid.

She looked at him as he avoided her gaze, they were so young once upon an innocent memory, she still saw him the youthful young serious Alexei he was back in university.
-"I'll go to him.", he couldn't stay a minute longer; the pain still stung the same in his heart. -"Please stay, just tell me Alexei, is everything okay?" She softly said as she held his hand.
-"Don't do this to me Nina." He didn't want to feel his heart failing him again.

She placed her hand on his cheek gently, "Alexei."

He swallowed hard stopping himself from doing the thing he's always dreamt of, she was still the most beautiful girl he laid his eyes on, he had to control his emotions.

He held her hand to his lips, "I am so sorry." and left in a hurry.

Karina had a very bad feeling that night, she wasn't sure what to think or feel, she looked at the night sky and wondered how life moved so fast.
 "My Eden." She whispered under her breath, crying quiet tears.