Chapter 16

Eun Jung's POV

I reached the hospital and met Seon. Wait. Was she crying?

Me- "Seon? What's wrong? Did something happen while I was gone?" My eyes were filled with worry as I saw her puffy red eyes.

Seon- "Eun! That little boy!"

Me- "What's with that kid? Did anything happen to him?"

Seon- "No! He is fine! But.....!"

Me- "Come on! Tell me! Do you perhaps........know that kid?"

Seon- "He is my nephew!" My eyes enlarged. I couldn't believe what she actually said.

Me- "Y-Your, n-nephew?" I couldn't help myself from shuttering as the shock wasn't making me digest what she said.

Seon- "Yes!" She looked down as her tears started rolling down again like a waterfall.

Me- "How is that your nephew? I found him on the road!"

Seon- "Eun! That is my sister's son, Deol! Last night, my nephew got lost when he went to the mall with his Eomma for shopping! She couldn't find him since it was dark outside and she had to wait until it was day time! I didn't know about it! Even I found out last night after coming home from the party!"

Me- "Oh god! She lost her child last night?"

Seon- "Yes Eun! I wanted to call to the police but those idiots wouldn't file our case until 24 hours pass! I was going to search for him again once the sun rises but then I had to come here! But hey! I was lucky! The kid you brought here turned out to be my nephew!" She hugged me the moment she finished her sentence.

Me- "Thank god we found him! But, unfortunately he looks like, he was attacked!"

Seon- "Hmm! The nurses took him to the ward since the operation is done! They said it's going to be ok but the wounds are going to take time to heal! I have called my sister and she must be here any minute!"

Me- "Alright then! Let me see him first, then I will leave!"

Seon- "Follow me!" She directed me to the room.

I didn't get inside the room and just looked at him through the glass of the door.

After a couple of minutes, I said goodbye to Seon and drove off to my house. I saw my parents eating their breakfast since it was just 8 in the morning. I greeted them and joined them in the breakfast as my tummy was rumbling after all the trouble I had today.

Appa- "How was the shooting?"

Me- "I survived!" They both giggled to my answer while I was there with a deadpan expression.

Eomma- "Eun! Taehyung is a good guy! Why don't you think of getting married to him?" Why did she have to be so straightforward? All I could do was stay silent in the awkward situation.

Appa- "I don't know! Even if he is a great guy, Eun has the right to choose someone whom she likes!"

Eomma- "Well they have dated before! Isn't that enough to prove that they like each other!"

Me- "Eomma! Yes! We did date! But now things are over! We aren't dating anymore! I am now on a different path and so is he!"

Eomma- "Since you just said it, care to explain why you guys broke up?" Wow. I thought my mom was different, but no. She is just like the typical mothers who love getting into their kid's intense private problems.

Me- "I don't know why! It was a long time ago! I don't remember much now! Anyways, am tired!" I hurriedly went upstairs, leaving behind my unfinished breakfast.