Chapter 1

"'Live a long life'? Doesn't mean much when you go and die yourself." Nobara muttered. "Is this your first time having a partner die?"

"First one for my age." Megumi replied.

"You seem to be taking it quite well, considering."

"Same to you." 

Nobara turned around. "Of course. I only knew him for about two weeks. I'm not some simple woman who breaks down bawling when a guy I barely know dies.. jeez."

Megumi glanced at her, seeing her lips quiver slightly before turning his gaze back to the floor.

"..It's hot, huh?"

"Yeah. Wonder if it's time for summer uniforms."

"What's this?"

They glanced over at the voice, seeing the second year, Maki Zenin.

"You're looking more glum than usual, Megumi. This a wake or something?" She asked.

"Zenin-senpai."

"Don't call me by my last name!"

"Maki! Maki!" She turned around, seeing Panda and Toge hiding behind a pillar of some sort.

"I'm talking here."

"Y-You actually don't  know why they're so down?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Someone really did die yesterday! One of the first-year boys!" Panda pointed a finger up.

"Bonito flakes." Inumaki said.

Sweat started dripping from her face.

"You should've told me sooner!" She pointed at them. "Now I look like some heartless, cold-blooded demon!"

"That's exactly how you came off!"

"Tuna mayo."

"You're supposed to try and make me feel better!"

Nobara and Megumi stared at the second years in confusion.

"Who are they?" Nobara asked, pointing at them.

"Our second year upperclassmen." Megumi replied.

Another one of the second year students appeared, (Y/N) (L/N).

"Yo, Megumi." (Y/N) waved.

"Ah, (L/N)-senpai. Hello"

"No need to be formal." He turned to Maki. "You don't gotta be so rude to our underclassmen, Maki."

"Yeah, I know." Maki averted his gaze. "But there's more to kindness than being soft on them."

"Zenin-senpai is the best of all students at wielding cursed tools."

"That's the Cursed Speech user, Inumaki-senpai. He can only speak in ingredients of rice balls."

"Panda-senpai." 

"(L/N)-senpai, he's one of the strongest students we have here at our school. According to Gojo, he'd be a special grade sorcerer, but it was held for some reason, so he's only a grade one sorcerer. He's also one out of the two senpai's that I can openly respect."

"The other one I can openly respect would be Okkotsu-senpai." Megumi got up. "But he's overseas right now." 

"You're not adding more about the panda named Panda?" Nobara questioned.

"Man, sorry about this." Panda clapped his hands together. "And when you're in mourning.. please forgive us for that. The truth is, we'd like you to participate in the Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event."