ix. a moment or a lifetime

ELLA Y YO ━━ GUZMÁN NUNIER OSUNA

ix. a moment or a lifetime

VIVIANA WALKED INTO GUZMÁN'S HOUSE, "Hi, Guz." Viviana said, Guzmán pulling her in for a hug and kissing her cheek. "Hi," Guzmán said, letting go of her. "How are you?" Viviana asked, "Alright, I'm just glad you're here." Guzmán said with a small smile. The two walked over to the dining room table where Laura was sitting, "I came to see if I could lend a hand." Viviana said.

"Got three hundred thousand dollars?" Guzmán asked, "Guzmán, stop." Laura said, Guzmán turning and looking at Laura. "Hi there," Laura said to Viviana. "Hi, Laura." Viviana replied. "Turns out we're broke." Guzmán said, "We can't even pay bail or the lawyers, nothing. All the accounts have been emptied, we're completely broke. He left us with nothing. Apparently as of now he's gonna spend the next twenty years in fucking prison. How can you be so relaxed?" Guzmán asked his mother.

"Alright, that's enough." Laura said, standing up. "What about getting a bank loan?" Viviana asked, "Tried that. They're all refusing to do business with us." Guzmán said. "Well, what about Carla? Polo? Ander?" Viviana asked. "None of them have called. Not even Carla's dad and he's his partner and my godfather. He's even our financial advisor. That's how toxic we are, mom." Guzmán said.

"Well, do you think we should call them?" Laura asked, "Well, what if I told you I could help?" Viviana said, Guzmán turning and looking at her. "What? No, no I won't let you borrow us that much money." Guzmán said. "What? Who said anything about borrowing? I'm offering, Guzmán. Our families are very close, my parents would've called already if they'd have known. They're all the way in the United States. I can call them or you can, Laura. Whatever will make you more comfortable." Viviana said.

"Viviana, are you sure?" Laura asked, "Of course, Laura. Would you like me to call them tonight or would you like to?" Viviana asked, "I can, Viviana. Thank you, honey. I'll be back." Laura said, walking away into the office and sitting down in the chair. Santiago De La Rosa answered the phone, "Hello?" he answered.

"Santiago, it's Laura Nunier." Laura said, "Laura, how are you?" Santiago asked, "Fine. I hear you're in the United States." Laura said, "Yes, Martína and I." Santiago responded. "Hm, well I need a favor." Laura said, crossing her legs. "What is the favor, Laura?" Santiago asked, Laura hearing Martína in the back. "Who is that, honey?" Martína asked, "Laura." Santiago answered.

"Why don't you put me on speaker phone?" Laura said, Santiago doing so. "What's this favor you need?" Martína asked, "I need three hundred thousand dollars." Laura said, "What?" Santiago said, "It's Ventura. He's in custody right now and we're fuckin' broke. The bastard left us with no money." Laura said, "I'm sorry, Laura but we can't give that to you." Martína said.