xvii. the heartbeat

ELLA Y YO ━━ GUZMÁN NUNIER OSUNA

xvi. the heartbeat

VIVIANA SAT IN THE CLINIC with Guzmán, "I don't think our families are gonna want us to keep the baby. I don't know if it's a good idea to keep the baby." Viviana said, "Well, it's not really anybody's choice. Not your family, not mine." Guzmán said, "I just don't know what I'm gonna do." Viviana said, Guzmán pulling her close. "It'll be okay, we'll figure it out." Guzmán said softly, kissing her head.

"Viviana De La Rosa?" Viviana and Guzmán stood up, following the nurse into the room. The nurse did everything they needed to, including a pee sample just to confirm that Viviana is indeed pregnant. "So, is this the father?" Her gynecologist, Doctor Analia asked. "Yes, this is my boyfriend, Guzmán." Viviana said with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you, Guzmán." Analia smiled, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you." Guzmán smiled back, "So, given the information you gave me you are eleven weeks pregnant. Now, there are a few options that you can choose from. We're gonna go over those few options, alright?" Viviana nodded, "Alright."

"The first option is to terminate the pregnancy, but past twelve weeks that will not be an option. An abortion is an option and we will recommend you the best clinics. The second option is to give the baby up for adoption. We will give you multiple adoption agencies and they will help you find a suitable adopter. Now your last option, is keeping the baby and raising it." Analia said.

"Now, obviously, raising a baby as two teenagers will be hard. There's no doubt that it's gonna be hard. You two aren't done with school yet but," Analia took a breath, "but whatever decision is made, I will support you and I will not judge you. It's nobody else's decision but yours. Now, if you are undecided yet, we can do a ultrasound just to make sure everything is healthy and we can make another appointment later this week for the decision." Analia said.

"Okay, we can do an ultrasound." Viviana said, "Alright, let me make sure everything is set and we will get started." Viviana nodded, analia going out of the room. Guzmán rubbed Viviana's hand with his thumb, "This is so much to handle." Viviana said, "I know, babe. It's a lot to take in all at once, I know. but we'll figure it out. Whatever the outcome is, I still love you and I still support you." Guzmán said.

Viviana nodded, Analia walking back in the room. "Alright, Viviana, can you lift your shirt for me?" she asked, Viviana doing so. "Alright, this is gonna be a little cold so expect that but there will be no pain." Viviana nodded again, Analia putting the cold gel on her stomach. Analia took the wand, spreading the gel on Viviana's stomach.

"We should be able to get a clear heartbeat, so let's see." Analia said, moving the wand around. All of a sudden the fast heartbeat of their unborn baby was heard loud and clear, "Baby's heartbeat is at 172 bpm. Sounds healthy!" Analia said. As their baby's heartbeat went throughout the room, the tears started. "Guz.. that's our baby." Viviana said, wiping her tears.