xxii. the dinner from hell

ELLA Y YO ━━ GUZMÁN NUNIER OSUNA

xxii. the dinner from hell

VIVIANA SAT NEXT TO GUZMÁN at the end of the table, nervously bouncing her leg. She was awaiting her guests for her announcement dinner. Viviana invited Angélica, Polo, Carla, Ander, and Omar. So far, Angélica and Polo were here and the longer she had to wait for the rest of them to come it made her more anxious. Viviana looked up and saw Carla walking towards the table, "Carla!" Viviana said, Carla smiling. "Aren't you gonna hug me?" Carla asked, walking up to Viviana's chair.

Viviana didn't respond, wrapping her arms around Carla when she leaned down. Carla sat down, "How are you? Where the hell have you been?" Carla asked, "I'm fine, when were you gonna tell me you were fucking Samuel? I'm a little hurt, honestly. His brother killed Marina— my boyfriends little sister, Carla." Viviana said, staring her dead in the eyes. Carla leaned back in her seat, looking at Angélica and Guzmán, then back at Viviana.

They all stared at Carla, "Who told you that?" Carla asked, "Besides, what I do in my life is none of your business." Carla replied, "Watch your tone, Carla." Angélica spoke up. Whenever anybody was being rude or giving her any type of attitude, Angélica got protective. But now that her best friend was pregnant, that protective side was even more prominent.

"Excuse me?" Carla asked, "Well after this dinner, Carla, you have to choose. It's either us," Viviana pointed at herself and Guzmán, "or your boytoy." Viviana looked away, seeing Ander and Omar. "Wow, you showed up for us!" Guzmán exclaimed, Viviana kicking him hard under the table. "Don't be like that. It'll piss me off." Viviana said with a glare.

"Hi, Ander." Viviana smiled, then looking at Omar. "Hi, honey." Viviana smiled. The night of the Halloween party changed Omar and Viviana's friendship. Omar was so sweet and Viviana felt good about herself when she was around him. He made her feel good. Since that night, Viviana has called him honey. "Hey." Omar smiled, the two boys sitting down next to Carla.

Ander looked at Polo, quickly looking away in anger. "Okay, so.." Viviana clapped her hands together. "Now that everyone's here-" Viviana was cut off, "Now everyone's here!" Lú exclaimed, Viviana's face getting pale. Cayetana stood next to Lú, smiling at Viviana. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Viviana asked, angrily.

"Well I got the memo! I was told you were having a dinner tonight and I assumed the invite was extended to Caye and I. We deserve to be here just as much as the rest of them." Lú said, pointing at the table. "Who told you? I want you two to leave." Lú laughed, her and Caye sitting next to Polo.

"Carla." Lú answered with a smile. She loved that she was causing drama with Viviana. There was so much resentment between the two and Lú wanted to hurt Viviana's feelings. "I wouldn't argue with me, Viviana, I'm staying." Lú smiled. "Guzmán, do something!" Angélica whisper yelled, kicking him under the table.