Chapter 1

Reader POV:

"Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're here!" The voice of my former classmate, Jeong Aera, was almost vibrating with excitement and I had to laugh at her enthusiasm. The pretty girl standing in front of me with long black hair, almond shaped eyes the color of coffee and a bright smile was waving her arms as I approached. She wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek, before pulling me into a tight hug. "I can't believe you're here! In Korea! In Seoul!"

It had been almost ten years since Aera and her family had moved back to Korea and we had seen each other only once when Aera's father had a business trip that the entire family accompanied him on. Aera's parents had moved to my country when we were both in elementary school, just starting third grade. The company her father worked for was opening a new branch of the company and had offered him a significant amount of money to move his family from Korea to a country across the ocean. Aera had sat next to me, complimenting my Hello Kitty pencil box in broken English and we had been best friends ever since. She moved back to Korea when we started high school and we had kept in touch for the last 10 years.

Just like Aera, I could not believe I was standing here in Korea. I had just graduated university three weeks ago with my teaching degree and Aera convinced me to come spend the summer with her. Her parents had bought her a cute little flat in Seoul and she had been begging me for the last three years to come visit. Since I was officially done with university, I figured this was the perfect time. It would give me a nice little break before my first teaching job began in the fall.

Stepping off the plane and into Korea had felt almost surreal. I had never been out of the country before and this was my chance to start putting stamps in that passport I had gotten a couple of years ago. I had never once actually used it and I was excited to finally see that stamp on it.

As we walked through Incheon Airport, I looked around at the massive structure. It was easily the most beautiful airport I had ever seen, the architecture simply stunning. We had almost exited the airport, when I finally pointed out one of the many posters I had seen advertising something called FESTA, along with a group of seven guys. "What is FESTA?" I turned to Aera, the curiosity clear on my face.

Aera shook her head. "I forgot. You're not ARMY. FESTA is the anniversary celebration of Bangtan Sonyeondan, better known as BTS. They're the most popular group in Korea right now, along with most of the world. During FESTA, they release new music, photos, never before seen dance practices, and a bunch of other stuff."

BTS? The name sounded a little familiar. "Were they that group that performed on the Grammys? The cuties at the end of the show?" The name rang a bell and I remembered seeing them perform a catchy song, their dance moves perfectly in sync. They had clearly been talented, but after the Grammys were over, the group quickly became a distant memory. I also remembered they had released a new single, 'Butter.' Just like the song they performed at the Grammys, it was cute and I left the radio on the station when it came on.

Rolling her eyes, Aera wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Oh my sweet friend. They performed on the Grammys, the BBMAs, the MTV Music Awards, etcetera, etcetera. They've performed and won on all the major music shows, both here and all over the world. And 'Butter' is currently number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart." Aera looked at me then, a mischievous smile on her face. "It is going to be my mission to convert you to ARMY before you leave. I'm going to make you one of us."

I shook my head. "No Aera. It's not really my kind of music." Although I had noticed their talent, I was not really into that type of music. Older alternative rock was more my style and I preferred groups such as the Foo Fighters and Linkin Park. The idea of pop music was just not appealing to me.

Aera wagged a finger at me. "Nope. You'll love them. I promise. And actually now would be a good time to tell you about the surprise I got you." Pulling out her phone, Aera scrolled through until she found what she was looking for. "Look! I got tickets to Muster! It's their concert that they're doing during FESTA this year. And even better? There's a fan meet the next morning. Since my dad works for the company that is one of their sponsors, we got tickets for that one too!"

Knowing it would be no use, I just shrugged my shoulders. "You can try, but I'm telling you. It's not my thing." Stopping in front of the poster, I pointed to one of the members. He had a bright sunny smile and bleached blond hair. "Who is this though? He's cute."

Laughing out loud, Aera pulled me away from the poster. "That would be Jung Hoseok. And welcome to the rabbit hole my friend."