Chapter 2

Rabbit hole was right! It all started with wanting to learn their names, but I had fallen so deep into the fandom there was no escaping it. Over the next ten days, Aera had me listening to their albums, watching their music videos, and viewing episodes of their reality show, Run BTS. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was exceptionally drawn to the seven handsome men. It had started with Jung Hoseok, the man with the sunshine smile. I had listened to his entire mixtape, Hope World, and had fallen in love with the song "Piece of Peace."

Then Jeon Jungkook caught my attention with his cute little smile and dark hair. He was almost two years younger than me and I just wanted to squish his cute little face. Kim Seokjin was next. He had the broadest shoulders I had ever seen and when Aera showed me a live performance of him singing 'Epiphany,' I almost fell out of my chair. The man was a true vocal king.

The next one to step in was Park Jimin. He was the most enchanting person I had ever seen with his full lips, his cute smile that made his eyes disappear, and his inability to sit in a chair without falling out of it. His solo video 'Serendipity' was the most precious thing I had ever seen, especially when he was cuddling the pretty little calico cat. Kim Namjoon was next. The leader of the group pulled me in with his adorable dimples and the way he seemed to naturally take care of the others. Aera had told me he had the chance to go solo, but remained with his members instead, not wanting to leave the group behind. The new knowledge of his self-sacrificing nature drew me into the handsome leader almost immediately.

Kim Taehyung. What can I say? He slid right in there without me even knowing it, his fluffy brown hair giving him a lovable appearance and I just wanted to snuggle him. He had an adorable little dog, Yeontan that he had the cutest little interactions with. Finally came Min Yoongi. This dark haired rapper drew me in quickly with his fast rap, sleepy demeanor, and sweet little gummy smile. Watching him on the Run BTS episodes was so different than watching his solo videos from his alter ego, Agust D. It was like night and day. And I hated to admit that I just couldn't get enough of him. Or any of them for that matter.

Although Aera wanted to say 'I told you so' she restrained herself and just gave me a knowing smile, one filled with amusement. As the day of the concert approached, I grew more and more excited. We spent almost two days picking out clothes, with Aera dragging me to the cutest little boutiques. I ended up choosing a pair of black short overalls and a bright yellow t-shirt. I knew it wasn't anything special, but I felt good when I put the clothes on. Aera had decided on high-waisted white shorts and a pink shirt that tied right above the waistband of her shorts. When she stepped out of the bedroom, she looked like a fashion model and I couldn't help but fawn over my best friend's simple beauty.

We took a taxi to the stadium, not wanting to try and park then joined the thousands of fans who were currently in line. As we waited, I people watched, amazed by the conversations around me. With my limited Korean, I managed to deduce that most of the fans did not know each other, but had bonded over their love of these seven men. I caught the word soulmate quite often and when I asked Aera about it, she shook her head sadly, telling me that none of the guys had found their soulmates yet.

I was surprised by the look on her face and she just smiled at me. "Contrary to popular opinion, most of ARMY just want to see the guys happy, settled down, and in love. We may say they're our true loves, but we all know better." Aera looked down at her still empty ring finger. "I'm still hoping to find my true love."

Wrapping an arm around my friend, I pulled her close and kissed the top of her head. "Don't worry my sweet friend. Your soulmate will come eventually and love you just as much as I do. Probably even more since... you know... science."

Aera laughed out loud then pinched my side, making me squeal in protest. "Leave it to you to bring science into the equation."

The line slowly began to move and before we knew it, we were in the stadium and finding our seats. The set was elaborate, a whole galaxy type of thing with beautiful colors and a stage that reminded me of the infinity symbol. Aera had managed to get us seats fairly close to the stage and I was surprised by how close we actually were.

I didn't have much time to look around because suddenly the monitors in front came on, depicting a short video that had me entranced. The video ended and the stadium erupted into cheers as strange vehicle pulled onto the stage. The opening bars for 'Life Goes On' began and the fans collectively lost their minds, me included. The inside of the vehicle was filmed on a cell phone camera, projecting it onto the monitors. The fans cheered over the clear visibility of Jungkook's tattoos, something that I learned had been hidden for so long.

The concert progressed quickly and before I knew it, it was over. Just like the rest of the fans, I was a little depressed that it had gone by so fast. They really had been entertaining to watch. They had performed songs from their new album, and when Park Jimin had made his way over to our side of the stage, I almost swooned at the way he had danced so sensually, so perfectly. I had laughed out loud when Jungkook and Taehyung chased each other around the stage with water bottles and screamed in excitement when all seven of them took the stage to perform 'Daechitwa.'

Aera and I took a taxi back to her flat, discussing the concert the whole way. "I told you I would make you ARMY. You didn't even last more than a few days." Aera fluffed her hair and I wanted to laugh at her over the top behavior.

Waving off her words, I grinned. "Yeah I guess you're right. We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings during this fan meet. Maybe they will be so rude and I won't like them."