Chapter 5

Namjoon was right. Things were going just fine. Over the next few weeks, things moved pretty quickly. After notifying their company and managers and showing proof of us being soulmates, we submitted an application with the International Registry of Soulmates. Although a group of eight was extremely rare, I was pleased to learn that it wasn't a total anomaly: there was a group of ten in Kalamata, Greece and an even bigger group of twelve in Cape Town, South Africa.

After registering, I was able to obtain a permanent resident card to remain in South Korea with my soulmates. Although they had offered to move for me, I knew they would prefer not to. It was much easier for me to make the changes to remain with them. When I spoke to my parents and explained the situation, they were immediately supportive of the whole idea, just making me promise to stay in touch and come visit. The guys spoke to them on a video call, reassuring my parents that they were welcome anytime and they would even take care of their flight to Korea.

Although the guys told me I didn't need to work, that didn't sit well with me. I had worked so hard in university that it seemed like a waste to throw it away. After explaining this to them, they agreed and were completely supportive about me finding a teaching position. Since I was a new teacher, I had been worried about finding a position but the worry was unfounded. The Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education was even helpful in helping me find a teaching position. I was set to begin in August for the second semester, filling in for a teacher who had decided to return to her home country.

Once the application went through with the registry and we were officially recognized as soulmates, the company gave me permission to move in with the guys. Aera shed some tears when I left her apartment, but I promised her we would still see each other since I wasn't that far away. Aera was thrilled that I was going to be remaining in Korea. The night before I had moved out we had stayed up late talking about all of it.

"How does it feel to have seven soulmates?" Aera had asked.

It had taken me a moment to answer the question. "I'm not sure. Everything is going so quickly and the guys have been extremely busy with everything they have going on. I've spent some time with them but not much, but I understand. They told me that once things settle down, they want to take me on a vacation. A place where we can just spend time getting to know each other."

Aera had wiggled her eyebrows at me at that statement and I had to stop myself from covering my face in embarrassment. "Oh? Going to get to know you huh?"

"Stop it. Not what I mean." Even though I had tried to stop it, I had blushed anyways, my cheeks turning a bright shade of red.

Once I settled in the dorm with the guys, the next step was for the company to release a statement and for the guys to inform ARMY.

Knowing that their fans would want to ask questions, the guys decided the best thing to do would be to introduce me through V Live

Knowing that their fans would want to ask questions, the guys decided the best thing to do would be to introduce me through V Live. They posted the notice on their social media apps, not expecting it to blow up the way it did. Within minutes there was hundreds of thousands retweets and over a million likes.

Whether this was something positive remained to be seen, but so far most comments were optimistic

Whether this was something positive remained to be seen, but so far most comments were optimistic. Although I tried to avoid social media, I couldn't help but log on and read the comments. I was pleasantly surprised by most of them, expecting there to be more hate than anything else, but I severely underestimated ARMY.

The day of the V Live came quickly. The guys had decided to have it right in the dorm, so we gathered on their sofa, with me seated between Namjoon and Hoseok. Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung were seated on the floor in front of me, while Seokjin and Yoongi had taken up spots on the other side of Namjoon and Hoseok.

As Jimin set it up, Hoseok took my hand, squeezing it gently. "It's going to be okay. ARMY loves us and they want us to be happy. They will see you make us happy."

The Live started and with seconds, the viewer count was up to five million people and the comments were flying in. They were translated from every language and I saw tons of purple hearts. After a moment, Namjoon started, his dimples showing as his smile brightened. "Hello ARMY! We're so happy you could join us. We know you probably saw the Press Release about us finding our soulmate, but we wanted to introduce you to her ourselves."

"Is it true that you all have the same soulmate?" Jimin read the question off the screen then turned to smile at me. "Yes. It is true. We all share the same beautiful soulmate."

Jungkook read another question. "How do you feel about having seven soulmates?"

I wasn't expecting the questions to be directed at me so I froze for a moment before answering, but then Namjoon gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Um... scared to be honest. No one ever expects to have seven soulmates, but I was lucky to end up with seven amazing ones."

The Live continued in that manner. The fans asked more questions than I could imagine and I found I was having much more fun than I had expected to. Since I was able to communicate in two languages, I tried to switch back and forth, especially when Jimin or Jungkook let me know the question was in my native language. The fans were polite, never veering into questions that might be too personal. They asked about my job, my family, where I grew up, and my favorite hobbies. The comments themselves were surprisingly positive. They ranged from simple Congratulations to Take care of our boys to You're really pretty! That one made me blush and both the guys and ARMY commented on my red cheeks.

We continued to speak with them for almost two hours before the guys decided to end it. They gave their farewells to ARMY, promising to return more often. Once the camera was shut off, I leaned against the back of the sofa and Hoseok wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close to his side. "You did a great job. The way you spoke so kindly and answered their questions will be something they remember."

Reassured by Hoseok's words, I let myself relax into his side. As Namjoon stood up, Yoongi slid in next to me, taking my other hand. "Hobi's right. You did so well. We're really happy to have you as our soulmate, you know that right?"

Although I hesitated before answering, I could see the honesty in Yoongi's eyes. "Yes, but it does still make me nervous sometimes. I will probably always wonder if I am good enough for you, good enough for all of you."

Jimin moved closer from his spot on the floor, resting his chin on my knees. "Don't think like that. You are definitely good enough for us. You always will be good enough for us. There was a reason you were chosen to be our soulmate. And I am so happy that you are."