Green Tea

No One's POV

"And... done!"

A certain burgundy-haired boy wiped off some of his sweat as he placed back his katana to where it was supposed to be placed before knocking gently on his wooden box that he usually bring along, earning a small hum from the inside. Tanjirou smiled as he saw his little sister, Nezuko, jump out from the wooden box and returned to her normal size.

Tanjirou, "How was your sleep? Sorry if I moved a lot than usual. These demons are faster than I thought but luckily it didn't took me that long to finish them off."

Nezuko hummed happily and lifted one of her brother's hand then placed it on her head, signaling him to give her a head pat as an apology for it. The burgundy chuckled at his sister's tactics but complied to her wish and rubbed her head carefully so that he won't mess up her sister's hair.

Tanjirou, "It looks like I'm free to go. What to do..."

Tanjirou was busy thinking of what he will do once he returned to the Butterfly Mansion. Both Inosuke and Zenitsu are busy with some tasks given to them so they might go home later than him. Nezuko titled her head while staring at his brother's face. She hummed as if she was asking him if what he was thinking or if he was okay. The burgundy quickly shook his thoughts away and gave his attention to his little sister, again.

Tanjirou, "Sorry about that, Nezuko. I'm just thinking of some...thing?"

The siblings found themselves staring at a patch filled with herbs and grass. Nezuko enjoyed the view while Tanjirou thought of something to do whike he was at the mansion with nothing more to do.

Tanjirou, "Hey, Nezuko."

Nezuko turned back to her brother and hummed in a questionable way, tilting her head to the side in the proccess.

Tanjirou, "Want to make some green tea? Though, I might as well ask Aoi-san first before using their kitchen. Don't want to cause any more trouble to them."

Nezuko looked like she won some kind of lottery with the way she hummed happily before walking along with his brother to the patch of green herbs and plants. They both crouched down and started to pick up some that looked like edible herbs.

Tanjirou, "Don't forget to show me the herbs before placing them inside the box. We don't want some poisonous herbs in our tea for everyone to taste."

Nezuko hummed and saluted at the same time before going back to pick up some herbs. Tanjirou smiled at her sister's cuteness before doing the same thing.

Tanjirou, Why haven't I thought about this before?

Flashback | No One's POV

"Nee nee, oka-san! What are you doing with those plants? Why are you boiling them? They will die for sure!"

Two human figures were present inside the kitchen but some children's voice can still be heard outside the small cottage home. Tanjirou and his mom took the task on cooking their lunch since the other children wanted to play outside with their father. Kie, Tanjirou's mom, giggled at her son's qorried expression while she gently drop some of the herbs inside the pot filled with clear water.

Kie, "Tanjirou..."

She crouched fown so that her eye level is the same with her son. Tanjirou stared at his mom with so much innocence and pureness, making Kie squeal internally. She cupped his face, earning small incoherent sounds.

Kie, "You know, Tanjirou... There are some herbs that can be used as medicine and some can be used as garnishes but did you know that they can also be used as green tea?"