My life before everything changed!

I was peacefully sleeping in my own sleeping area on a boat. It was a long time since I had a good night's rest. Every time I was to fall asleep someone was screaming for me over the comm-link. Today was no exception.

???: TIME TO WORK! GET UP!

It was not like I was up 4 hours earlier or that I haven't slept the night before at all... No... That was definitely not the case. If it was for me, I would still be in the bed and sleep a little longer but life is not a game and my life doesn't even belong to me at all.

Left with no other choice, I stood up and went to work. The boat I was currently on was a tuna boat and the crew was understaffed. I was basically here for everything. If you needed something I was the man to go to and ask to do it.

Did I had trouble doing stuff for others?

No, not really.

This is how I've been my whole life.

Now you might think why the heck am I even on a boat or working at my age, right?

It's simple.

Although I am thirteen, I grew up working for others!

You see, I am not normal by any means. How could I even if I was the last living dragonkin on earth. How do I know that? There is this bond between us dragonkins. We could feel each other and I felt lonely all the time. Although I was a dragonkin things were not that easy for me.

In the past humans were hunting us down because of our blood. It had healing capabilities that were straight from another world. One drop of blood could cure any illness there is. 13 drops could bring a dead person back to live. Legends says that bathing in dragon's blood could make a human immortal. I never knew if that was true or not.

Thanks to being a dragonkin, I was stronger and faster than any normal human in my age. Not only that but I could also change into a dragon from. I once did that while being in the mountain. It felt really good but I made the mistake and let some humans see me and since then there was the legend of a green dragon in the woods.

Anyways that still doesn't explain why I was on a goddamn tuna boat, right?

You see, my parents never cared much for me. Why should they? I wasn't their own child. They said they found me in the mountains while they were hiking and took me in.

Wupsy! It was never my intention to be seen but I was sure that the people living on the base of the mountain were now happy about the new tourists and their new incomes!

Of course I was grateful for that but this is a little bit too much!

My parents were lazy, lazy as hell! I was the only one in the family working day in and day out in order for my family, I mean my adoptive humans to go on vacations 365/a year.

Did I get any money from what I was working?

Nope!

Did I get food while I was working?

Not every time.

Did I always have a roof above me?

Definitely not!

So why was I here?

Because my freaking adoptive humans send me off to a boat and got the money for me. I was a S L A V E to put it bluntly.

???: HURRY IT FASTER!

I could hear day in day out!

No matter how hard I worked, they would scream at me for everything. If I wanted to take a break, I would get screamed at. If I was tired, I would be screamed at. If I messed something up because of my lack of sleep, I would get yelled at.

Why was I enduring this?

I don't know!

That was one hell of a question, I would love to know the answer too.

In the end of the day I could hear my boss say to his coworkers that I've done good.

???: That kid's good with his hands and quick on his feet.

But then came something I never imaged him to say.

???: He's just about ready to work at the warehouse.

???: YES SIR!!!

To be quite honest, I hated the warehouse. There are so many fishes. I mean I was on a tuna boat after all but these tunas were like giants!

I don't have a single clue what they were feeding them with but they were easily 2 meters long. Like these fishes are no joke.

Being in the warehouse also meant that I would need to look at them and secure them. Just being close to them meat bed things for me. I was a freaking dragon that was starving. What do you think would happen if you put me in a goddamn warehouse full of them? How did you expect me not to eat them or be tempered to do that?

This would be for sure one hell of a ride!