all aboard

"Oh Zakky I'm going to miss you so much!"

Zak smiled cheekily at the nickname his mother said before wrapping his arms around her.

"Mom, it's only a semester. I'll be back before you know it! Besides, you know how much I've wanted this."
Zak spoke before giving his mother a soft squeeze and letting go of the embrace

And there he stood. At the port. Already 500 miles from home, Zak stood there with his mother, father, and sister. He was at the ship of his dreams. The one he has been waiting to embark on ever since he was 12.

The wind pushed Zak's long black hair into his eyes, causing him to push it back every few seconds while he spoke to his family.

"Trust me. I'll call every day and I'll text as much as I can."

"Okay honey." Zak's mother said, holding back the welling tears in her eyes.

"Honey. Come on. Zak will be fine." Zak's father stepped up, wrapped an arm around his loving wife

Zak's family has always been good. His parents love each other more than anything and Zak considers himself grateful for that.

Once the cruise's horn goes off again, it signals that it is the last call for boarding.

"Shoot. Gotta go. Can't miss it!" Zak said, with a tone of excitement in his voice as his goofy smile appeared on his lips.

He says his final goodbyes to his family and grabbed his suitcases and other bags before checking in and boarding the ship.

~

"Jesus Christ." Zak mumbles to no one in particular as he practically falls into his room from the amount of bags in his arms

After getting up and brushing the dust that landed on his black jeans. He looked around the room that was going to be his home for the next 6 months.

The room was decently small, one twin bed and a beside table. The closet was spacious with a dresser next to it. On the other side of the room there is a few shelves, a book, and a large window showcasing the gorgeous view of the ocean.

Zak nodded in approval before beginning to unpack his things.

~

Knock. Knock.

Zak rubbed his eyes and groaned, as he had passed out on his bed right after finishing packing.

Knock. Knock.

"What the hell.." Zak groaned as he sat up, noticing that the ship had launched while he was asleep

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I'm coming!" Zak yelled in an annoyed tone as he stood up and walked to the door, pushing his hair out of his eyes and adjusting his white shirt that showcased his ab-lines if you looked close enough

Zak swung the door open, revealing a taller man with fluffy brown hair that hung down almost like bangs. He had emerald green eyes and small freckles that laud across his cheeks and nose.

The man was wearing black jeans that were slightly ripped and a tight red shirt.

"Yea?" Zak glanced up at him, clearly annoyed.

"I'm sorry? This is my room. Room 1400. It's mine." The man spoke in a soft tone, his voice being higher than expected

"Uhm. No. Mine is 1400." Zak looked at him confused

"I got a key and I already unpacked." Zak stepped aside so he could see his furnished room.

"Hm. Well I have the key also. They must have double booked us!" The man smiled and walked straight into the room, sitting on the bed and glancing around the room

"Oh hell no. Out." Zak walked up to him and pointed to the door

"It's my room!" The man said, standing up so he was taller than Zak and seemed more intimidating

"Go get a different room!" Zak yelled at him

Ignoring what Zak said, the man peered over his shoulder and sighed

"What?" Zak spun around, trying to find what he was looking at

The man just softly laughed and walked past him, walking up to a door that hasn't been opened

"What is this?" The man asked

Zak looked at it and raised an eyebrow
"I think a bathroom. Or closet."

The man opened the room revealing the whole other half of the room. Including a bathroom, another bed, another window, a closet and a couch.

Zak looked through the door and sighed
"Oh."

The man just giggled and walked to the front door, bringing in his suitcases before walking to the other side of the room. Zak quickly followed.

"So who are you?"

"My name is Darryl!" Darryl smiled. He then picked up his suitcase with one arm, causing the muscles in his arm to flex through his shirt. Zak only stared at this.

"Do you workout?" Zak asked, looking at his arm and then back at the man's face

"I do! I weight lift!" Darryl said joyfully as he unzipped his first suitcase and began to take his clothes out

"Interesting." Zak said awkwardly before walking up to Darryl's bed and sitting behind his suitcase, tucking his legs under him

"What's your name?" Darryl asked, looking at Zak and softly smiling

"Zak." Zak looked back at him before breaking the eye contact.

"It's nice to meet you Zak! I'm sure we will be great friends!" Darryl smiled at him and Zak returned it

~

The squeaky sound of the the shower handle turning was the only sound that was made in the silent bathroom. Zak wrapped a towel around his waist and stepping out onto the soft white rug.

He wiped the condensation off of the mirror so his face was barely visible and he could see his hair. Zak ruffled his hair with a wash cloth so it wasn't dripping wet before stepping out of the bathroom.

Darryl was laying on his bed invested in a book. When Zak walked out he glanced up at him, revealing his small brown reading glasses and his messy hair that fell in front of his face.

Darryl's jaw slightly tightened before looking away at Zak and back to his book.

"You can use the shower now." Zak said before walking out of the door to his half of the dorm.

Darryl looked back up at the bathroom door and his eyes followed Zak until he was out of the room.

~

"Hey Darryl, can I borrow a pen?" Zak walked into Darryl's room

Zak was wearing a pair of baseball shorts and a white t-shirt that was too loose for him.

Darryl stepped out of his closet and looked at Zak for a second.

Darryl was wearing red shorts and was shirtless, holding a black shirt in his hand.

"Mhm, on the bedside table." Darryl softly smiled

Zak glanced at Darryl's chest before quickly looking away and grabbing the pen.

"Thank you. Goodnight." Zak said and walked out.

Darryl only smiled at him

-

voting helps a ton :)