Blissful Morning: Humraah

Dil ko jaane yeh kya hua
Mil ke apna sa tu laga
Kaise main karun bayaan
Tumse yeh junoon hai ya gumaan

Shriya stood at the kitchen counter, softly humming to herself as she prepared lunch. She was making Arjun's favorite-aloo paranthas. She loved cooking for him. Watching the frown on his face shape into a content smile made the extensive work worth it.

Aise mujhe tum mile, tum mile
Jaise koyi din khile, din khilee
Jaane kahan hum chale, hum chale
Chaahe jo bhi dil kare, dil kare

Arjun cuffed the sleeves of his shirt as he walked into his bedroom. Dropping his satchel on the bed, he proceeded to loosen his tie.

"Shriya!" Arjun yelled out, calling for her. No one responded.

"Shriya?"

Jis raah, jis raah bhi jaaun
Tujhko tujhko hi chaahun
Humraah ab se mera tu
Humraah main bhi tera hoon

'Where had she gone?' Everytime he came home, Shriya was in their bedroom waiting for him. She would greet him with a tight and passionate hug, followed by a soft kiss. Then her soft and nimble fingers would trail down his chest to delicately remove his tie. He looked forward to it everyday. Her delicate little acts of love made him fall in love with her over and over again.

--
Ehsaan mand hai
Dil ab se yeh tera
Yeh marz kaisa hai
Kya naam doon bata

"Found her" Arjun whispered when noticed Shriya in the kitchen. He tiptoed quickly towards her, with a naughty smirk forming along his lips.

Dar ki deewarein tooti
Dil ka jahan dikha hai
Aankhon ne aaj dekha
Khwaabon ka aasmaan hai
Tera karta hoon shukriya

Shriya felt a pair of strong arms suddenly wrap around her waist. But she recognized them- these were the arms that held her when she was upset, the arms that tightly clung to her in her waking hours, the arms that picked her up from her every fall.

"Arjun..."

"Mhmm?" He tightened his grip around her, nudging his head closer to hers. "What are you making for me today?" He asked with a hint of enthusiasm.

Jis raah, jis raah bhi jaaun
Tujhko tujhko hi chaahun
Humraah ab se mera tu
Humraah main bhi tera hoon

"Nothing for you!" Shriya replied as she giggled.

"Oh really?" Arjun nudged his head into the crook of her neck, grazing his stubbly face against her smooth skin.

"Chodo mujhe, Arjun. I have to cook." Shriya asked as she tried to push him away.

"Nahi." Shriya scrunched her nose in annoyance.

"Arjun, let go or else-"

"Or else what?"

Smiling, Shriya picked up the bowl of flour and threw over her shoulder, directly at his face.

"Shriya! What the hell?" Arjun screamed at Shriya in pure anger. She couldn't help but laugh upon seeing this new look of his- red face, covered in flour, screaming like a maniac. She hadn't seen anything funnier.