Pilot

It felt as though the three hours sitting at the bar had passed by to slowly to really have been just three hours. Tomura was growing anxious with each passing second, his mind running with absurd worries. Logically he knew three hours was completely reasonable for the job that was being done, but lately, the jobs had been getting more dangerous and his primary concern shifted from getting things done right to get things done safely.

Not that he really cared to much about certain league members, but rather one individual. Dabi. Or more recently revealed to him, Todoroki Toya. It had unnerved him at first, to have been so involved with a hero's son an not even know. He was angry even, not sure why though. It was totally logical to hide relation to a hero if you're pursuing a life of crime. Perhaps he was hurt Dabi had kept something this big from him for so long.

Then Dabi had said, "I'm only telling you this because I trust you, and I want you to continue trusting me." It was like all that confusion and rage fell victim to his quirk and decayed to nothing. It had been so long since he'd felt so comfortable in a vulnerable position, and Dabi was finally starting to feel the same.

And yet there he was, awaiting his lover's return from a scouting job for a hit on a hero agency. Not a lot can go wrong with something like that as long as you manage to stay hidden; which Dabi is oddly good at. Still, without hearing any word from any of them in 46 minutes, Tomura has begun to worry for his darling.

"I'm sure he's fine, " Kurogiri spoke from behind the bar. "Now relax and stop scratching."

"What?" Tomura turned to the man before he processed what he had said completely. "Oh." He nodded.

"Dare I point out that you didn't correct me." He released a soft chuckle as he begun rinsing and drying a glass.

"What?" Tomura spoke again, bringing his hands away from his reddened neck. He crossed his fingers together and lifted them to rest his chin on top his gloved hands. A trick Dabi had proposed to keep him from scratching when he got nervous. Didn't work all that well but it made Dabi happy to see him trying to break the habit.

"Him. I said that 'he's fine. You did not correct me, meaning you were indeed worrying about him, not them." The man turned to set the clean glass in its place. "I'm happy to see you are comfortable enough with him now to build a relationship."

There had been a long while in which he and Dabi had not gotten along. Then out of nowhere, Dabi had come to see him in the night, something about toga screwing up something, and found him in a ball on the floor. He had held him and promised him better things. One little act of affection and Tomura was putty in his hands, much to his dismay. That night dabi had not left his side until the next morning when Tomura threatened him not to tell anyone he had cried or that they had cuddled. After that, it was back and forth between 'fuck you' and 'fuck you'.

And somewhere along the way the fucking became a now and then thing. It was a perfect display of 'less is more'. It was less kinky and violent, and more comfortable and gentle. It was everything Tomura had been missing.

"Mhm."  He nodded simply.

There was silence between them as Kurogiri turned back and stood in front of the man offering to pour a drink. A shake of his head and the bottle was discarded back on the shelf before he could even grab hold of it properly.

"There was a short time where I'm sure you have had my head for mentioning it." The fog man stated bluntly. Tomura said nothing so he took that as confirmation he was accurate and continued. "Mind me asking how serious it's gotten?"

Something in his tone twisted something else in Tomura's gut. He looked away from the spot on the bar he had transfixed on and dropped his hands to the wood in front of him. His eyes narrowed at he studied his friend. For a long moment, he said nothing, Kurogiri began to worry he'd overstepped.