Chapter 3

When tomura felt the warmth of a blanket, he'd first thought it was all a nightmare. He was back at the hideout, in the comfort of Dabi's bed. Until he heard the annoying beeping of a machine. He didn't have an alarm clock, so where the hell was that coming from?

"Shigaraki?" A soft voice soothed his nerves. He opened his eyes and saw the face of Fuyumi, bruised, but as beautiful as the photos he'd seen. "Are you feeling alright? You were shot, do you remember that?"

He took a moment to look her over and groaned, "Fucking hell."

"I'll take that as a no." She let out a soft chuckle. "Do you want me to get the nurse? Are you in a lot of pain?"

"What's with asking two questions at once?" He eyed her suspiciously. "I don't like drugs, I'll tough it out, thanks."

"I believe I owe you that thanks." She smiled brighter than any photo he's seen. "You saved my life last night, or at least from a hefty therapy bill."

He let out a low chuckled at her attempt at dark humor. Perhaps that's her coping mechanism?

It was then that his senses returned to him more and he took in the two figures at the end of the bed. The two young men were hesitant to look at him but stood up straight. He smiled at their attempts to look tough in front of him.

"Wow, " Tomura sighed out while taking in the two boys. Natsuo and Little Shoto, Dabi had called them. Tomura turned to look at the mighty Endeavor that stood on his other side, towering over him with fire hanging on his chin and arms crossed tight. "Ew."

Natsuo brought his hand up to cover a small smile as Endeavor glared down at Tomura. There was silence between the two as Endeavor sized him up.

"Oh please, if I wanted you dead you would be by now." Tomura rolled his eyes and turned away from the man.

"Not without your quirk you can't." His smug tone pissed Tomura off. But he took a glance at his hands to find them chained to the bed rails and metal casts over three fingers on each.

"Boo, that's cheating." He groaned. Apparently, the drugs that had already been put in his system had completely killed his brain-to-mouth filter. He's only ever had banter like this with Dabi in private. He'll have to be careful about what he wants to say moving forward. There are some secrets he holds that are not his to tell.

"Enough childish games." Endeavor boomed. "I only let Fuyumi in here to say her thanks for saving her. Now, you tell me what exactly you got out of it?"

"Fuck off, wife-beater." Well, so much for watching his mouth.

The room fell silent as every Todoroki present stared at him like he'd grown a second head. He eyed Endeavor's panicked glare.

"Oh please! Like it was a secret?" Tomura glared at the fire-wielding man. "Men like you are the reason men like me exist. We suffer on account of your greed, while you play hero."

"What is your business with my family?" Endeavor ignored the venom in Tomura's words and took a intimating step forward. Except Tomura wasn't intimated one bit.

"Look, freak, I'm a criminal who's got beef with All Might. But I'm not a total monster." He paused to shift into a more comfortable position. "I have standards, lines I won't cross."

"Like standing by and letting my daughter get raped?" Endeavor raised a brow at the blue-haired man. In the corner of his eye he saw the way that not only Fuyumi, but the boys as well, flinch at the bluntness of the trauma she had just been through.

"Why do you say that like me stepping in was a bad thing?" Tomura gritted his teeth.

Endeavor seemed to be satisfied with his reaction. He uncrossed his arms and leaned forward into Tomura's space, "Because now you're being defensive on her behalf." He pointed out.

It was then that Tomura had realized just how protective he was coming off as. As a man from a broken home, it pissed him off that this "hero" in front of him seemed to not care about his own daughter's wellbeing.

"And don't think she didn't mention how you called her by her personal name. How is it that you could feel entitled to address her as such?"

Tomura glared into his soul and brought a smirk to his lips, letting out, "Wouldn't you love to know. All in good time, freak, karma will come around for you."

As endeavor grunted and motioned his children out the door, Fuyumi sent one last smile as she held the door for her brothers. Shoto paused and looked over at him, with what almost looked to be joy in his eyes.

Dabi had had a run-in with Shoto during one of their attacks. He said he was sure that Shoto had recognized him, at least subconsciously. No doubt to Tomura that he did, at least now having seen that look of hope.

He sent the boy a discrete wink, watching as the young man's face light us as he turned to leave. He had hoped he hadn't screwed things over. He knew that Dabi had a plan for dealing with his father eventually, he just hoped that this colossal shit stick of a situation didn't change Dabi's mind about his worth. His insecurities regarding him and Dabi's relationship were already at an all-time high.

Endeavor stood there a full minute after the three teenagers left just looking at him. He seems as though he had something to say, or maybe to ask. Yet he decided against it and stomped out without another word to the criminal.

Tomura was left with his aching body and screaming head. All he wanted to do was turn back time and never open his mouth to begin with. To never have told Dabi that he wanted to leave this life behind. If it meant he'd be safe in Dabi's arms again, he'd do just about anything.