Valentine candy

Author: Jake_Jakers

. . .

Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day never changes. Even in a world with quirks, superheroes, and super villains, Valentine's Day hasn't changed at all. And for a young Izuku Midoriya, this was still true. Being a quirkless child, he was the unfavorite at his school. Teachers stopped checking for him having any Valentine's during schools hours, and there were no cards for Izuku's concern. Despite this, it had actually always been one of his favorite holidays on the grounds that people would finally leave him alone for a day. So long as he didn't cross Kaachan, Valentine's Day was a holiday of peace and tranquility for him.

But while Valentines Day never changes, lives do. And Izuku's life was never the same after meeting All Might in person. The Quirkless child was now the holder of one of the (if not the strongest) quirk in the world. The unfavorite was now top of his class with no enemies beyond Bakugo - whom he himself has eased up during their time in U.A. Despite all of this, Izuku was actually dreading Valentine's Day this year. For a holiday based around couples loving their time together, this is the first time Izuku would have people who wanted his company.

So, a few days ago, Izuku left campus after class to visit a convenience store (a trip the only took a matter of seconds thanks to his quirk) and picked up a single box of candy hearts. The box was a rather large box, but he wasn't going to sign it because it wasn't for anyone. His plan was simple: Carry this around for Valentine's Day and say that he didn't know who sent them to him. After all, how many people would try to approach him if he's already been approached? A simple plan that wasn't guaranteed to work, but it was the best he could think of. However, during his short trip back, a new thought popped into his head - He could give it to Ochako.

At first, Izuku kept telling himself that it was a terrible idea. Ochako was just his friend, and this was a romantic holiday. But as the green hero thought about it, the last part wasn't true. After all, plenty of people start their relationships with Valentine's Day (at least in movies and books and stories). And on top of that, back in elementary school, it was practically required to give candy. In fact, it usually was candy hearts given in school. So that means it was probably a casual gift. And that would convey how he looks at the holiday perfectly - a celebration of their friendship.

Yeah, this was a good idea.

"So what happened next?"

Izuku had been explaining all this information to Iida at lunch after he asked Izuku why he was so down. So Izuku went on.

"Well, my nerves got the better of me and I found myself awake early in the morning. So I decided to head off to see my mother. I bought her a chocolate bar from a store on the way." Izuku thought to himself what happened when he got there.

"Hey, mom," Izuku said as his mother opened the door.

Inko didn't give a verbal response but instead gave a joyous bear hug.

"G-great to see you too." Izuku was struggling to breathe until Inko let get. "I-I got you this."

"Aww..." She took the Hersey bar and smiled at her son. "I hope you didn't come all this way just for me."

He did. With his dad no longer around, he didn't like his mom being alone today. "Oh, who are those for?"

Izuku mentally face-palmed himself, because for some reason he brought the candy hearts with him.

"Would those happen to be for that Ochako lady?"

"Er... I.... well... sort but not exactly-OOF!"

Inko had once again resorted to hugging her child. "Oh, my baby! One of these days you'll have to promise to stop growing up!"

It only took a second for these events to play out in Izuku's head, but a bit longer to recite it to Iida. "So, what's the problem?"