𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

trigger (noun): a small device that releases a spring or catch and so sets off a mechanism, especially in order to fire a gun

Thalia Romanova does as she's told.

When they say dance, she points her toes and dances. When they say fight, she clutches her hands and hits as hard as she can. And when they say kill, she snaps necks with no hesitation just like she was taught to.

Thalia is efficient and obedient, she's a puppet and the Red Room is playing puppeteer. Thalia hasn't cut her strings, well, not yet at least.

"Backs straight!" Madame B. snaps and Thalia jolts and stands even straighter, if it were even possible, "Dance."

The 27 girls obey following each step with precision. Thalia has grown to hate dancing. It used to teach beauty and grace now it's deadly and stealth. Thalia knows ballet wasn't meant to be used like this. Her thoughts were never voiced, for as she said... she is a puppet.

One girl fell.

No one falls in the Red Room Academy.

Two men entered out of the corners of the room and dragged her to the hall and into, everyone could hear her muffled cries and screams.

"Smile, Thalia!" Madame B. scolded her favorite student, "Remember you don't smile because you're happy, child. You smile to cover the unhappiness."

Madame B. walked up right behind Thalia and leaned in to whisper in Thalia's ear, "Now... smile."

Thalia Romanova hated Red Room.

A/N: so here's that prequel most of you wanted to see. Just a warning though, it might be quite short.