𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥.

longing: despite all of this, there remains a little of bucky left and he is longing to be free

Thalia's back hit the training mat hard, as Raisa Popova flipped her over her back.

"Get up, girl." One of the training instructors commanded as he grabbed Thalia by her arm to roughly lift her.

Thalia groaned, she's always hated Raisa; in her defense, the girl pulled her hair when they first met. Thalia charged at the young woman and swept her feet from underneath her and took advantage of that as she straddled Raisa's lap and held a knife to her throat, "Yield."

"No." Raisa said through gritted teeth but Thalia wasn't having it. "I didn't ask." Thalia pushed the knife further as a bit of blood dripped down while her blonde hair tickled the brunette. "Well hit sounded like a question."

Raisa finally gave up and she patted Thalia's arm as a sign to get up, as Thalia rose she kicked Raisa's stomach with a smirk, for good measure of course.

"Enough, girls." the guard strictly told the pair as he watched the two interact.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, in walked General Dreykov. Everyone stood up straight and moved to the side as he walked in. He slowly studied each of his widows.

He stopped in front of Thalia, slowly and harshly he moved her head to the side and studied her, "You. To the middle."

Everyone knew what this was, it was a duel. The General chooses two girls every day and they fight, and fight, and fight, till one kills the other. According to him, it's a way to get rid of what the world has too much of... girls.

Thalia and some other blonde woman circled each other, much like a predator would a prey. It was slow, antagonizing, deadly.

The girl, Olga Ivanova rushed at Thalia first, but Thalia was smart. She sidestepped the girl and kicked Olga's back, hard.

Olga groaned and spun around, she once again charged at Thalia and got brought down again, and again, and again. Thalia finally rushed towards Olga with a knife but Olga twists her arm and kicks makes Thalia kneel.

As Thalia smirks Olga pleads, "Please, don't do this."

Thalia drops the knife from her right to left hand and stabs Olga, she then twists the knife and slices it to the side, "I am sorry, but you are nothing."

Olga falls on top of Thalia but she pushed her body away and stands up out of breath. Dreykov walks forward and claps, "Good job, Thalia. You never fail, come let's have a drink, we have something we need to discuss."

Thalia does as she's told and walks away from the starstruck group, every eye on her as she walks out of the room with a certain confidence very few people have.

rusted: worn and abused he is like a machine that has been neglected and left to rust.

.