A new home

"Sammie, wake up. We're here." Louis said shaking me awake. I looked around, this didn't look like my house. I stared at him for a while. "Lou this doesn't look like home." He laughed, "Remember, you moved out of your house to live with me." I pondered for a moment, then recalled what had happened six hours ago.
We got out and started to unload the moving truck. I got Butter out and we headed inside with the first box. "Welcome to your new home." Louis said cheering me up. This house was huge compared to my old one. I walked up the stairs to find an open door. I walked in, it looked just like my old room.
"You weren't supposed to see that yet." Louis said smiling at me. "When did you do this?" I asked. "The other day when you took Butter to the vet." I couldn't hold back the tears and I held onto him. I can't believe I am lucky enough to be best friends with this sweet boy. Butter was extremely excited and jumped all over my bed, making a muddy mess. "Well that didn't take long." I giggled.
*************************************
We sat on the couch watching tv after unloading the truck. We were being too lazy to unpack any boxes tonight. As we ate dinner I kept thinking about how my dad was doing. Will he be sad without me there? Will he miss me? I wouldn't know. I was hesitant to call. As time went, I started to smile and forget about calling. I am happy to be living with Lou. I fell asleep at 12:59 as I was petting my dog.
When I woke, I was alone. I called out for Louis but he didn't answer. I got a little worried. He always told me where he was going or where he went. I picked my phone to see if he tried to call or text me. Nothing. I searched for a note. Nothing. I looked all over the house. He was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, I heard the front door open.