Chapter Seven || Bring Your BF To Work

Just as expected, Heisenberg's workshop was an utter disaster. Tools of all shapes and sizes littered the floor. The tables were covered in metal scraps and papers depicting blueprints or diagrams. Even the lights had seen better days. They filled the room with a faded yellow glow that reminded Y/N of his house back in the village.

Heisenberg said nothing as he sat down on a chair and got to work, seemingly picking up where he had left off. Y/N quickly got the memo and watched intently from a distance.

After about ten minutes of silence, Heisenberg let out an exasperated sigh and set his tools down for a moment. "I can see you doin' those puppy eyes back there, knock it off."

Y/N huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "There's nothing to do!"

Heisenberg tilted his head back with a groan. "Fine, fine. C'mere." He pulled up a chair with his hand. "Hold this."

Y/N took a seat beside him and scooted closer so he could reach. He held the edges of the contraption with his fingers. "Like that?"

"Yep." Heisenberg mumbled as he reached for the blowtorch he'd been using.

"Won't that burn my fingers?" Y/N asked. Heisenberg wielding a miniature flamethrower practically screamed danger.

"Nah, just keep still and you'll be fine."

Y/N held his breath as Heisenberg ignited the torch and began the careful process of fusing two pieces together. Except he wasn't so careful and nearly seared off his fingertips.

Once he was finished, Heisenberg examined his handiwork. "Not bad, not bad."

"What is that thing anyways? It looks like it belongs in a horror movie." Y/N sat back and tilted his head. He wouldn't know its purpose, of course. He wasn't a mechanic. Or an engineer. Or a crazy metal-wielding maniac building an undead army.

"To put it simply, it's a device that helps me maintain control over the soldats. Otherwise, they'd be out there wreaking havoc. I would love to see them invade that big bitch's castle and make a mess of the place, though." Heisenberg laughed, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"Why do you hate her so much?"

"Oh, where should I start..." Heisenberg leaned back in his chair, balancing on two legs instead of four. "She's entitled, stuck-up, greedy... need I go on? And she's always making fun of me. Treating me like I'm a child. Urgh, just the sight of that smug mug of hers makes my blood boil!" He slammed his fist down on the table. The metal scraps that bounced up remained suspended in the air for a moment before falling back down.

"Sounds like you two have some history." Y/N said with a chuckle.

"Clearly." Heisenberg huffed. His chair settled back on all four legs as he leaned forwards. "Alcina never cared much for me. My existence alone is enough to piss her off."

Y/N folded his arms over his chest. He had an inquisitive gleam to his eyes. "Do you ever.. talk to the other lords? Or do you just avoid each other at all costs?"

"Once a month, Mother Miranda summons us to what she calls 'family meetings'. They're a waste of time, but I have to play the part of obedient servant. At least until I finish my army." Heisenberg mumbled as he rummaged through his coat pocket until he found a cigar. He stuck it in his mouth and stood from his chair. "I'm gonna go fetch a few things. Stay here and don't do anything stupid, got it?"

"Got it." Y/N replied.

Heisenberg lit his cigar with a pocket lighter and headed for the door.

***

When Heisenberg returned, it became very apparent that something was different. Actually, the entire workshop was different.

The tables had been cleared of any scraps and blueprints. His tools were organized in drawers and boxes instead of being strewn across the room. The ones that were too large to fit were hung from hooks on the wall. The floor had been swept clean and whatever papers had been collected were stacked in a neat pile on his desk. His workshop had been transformed from a safety hazard to a functional workspace. By whom, you ask?

Y/N was applying the final touches when Heisenberg entered. He could practically feel the shock radiating from the iron lord. It made him grin. "Well? What do you think?" He gestured to the room.

Heisenberg lowered his glasses, his eyes wide. The poor man could hardly speak. "What the fuck did you do...?"

"I was bored, and your workshop was absolutely disgusting, so I decided to clean it up a bit." Y/N said. He noticed Heisenberg's expression and raised an eyebrow. "What? You said stay here and don't do anything stupid. I believe I followed those orders."

It almost looked like Heisenberg wanted to explode with rage, but was somehow keeping it under control. Perhaps part of him was grateful. He wasn't the most organized person in the world. That was obvious.

"Do you not like it?"

Heisenberg snapped out of his apparent trance and saw Y/N standing in front of him, his eyebrows furrowed together. He looked worried. "I... I like it, Y/N. It's just.. I'm not used to things being so clean, y'know? It'll be an adjustment."

Y/N subtly let out a sigh of relief. "Good. I want it to stay that way for at least a week."

"A week? That's asking too much of me."

"Okay then. Two days."

"And what happens if it gets ruined before then?"

"I'll make you clean it."

"Fine." Heisenberg crossed his arms over his chest with a huff. Then, a wry smile tugged on his lips. "Do I get a prize if it stays clean?"

Y/N rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Maybe. Let's see if you can keep it clean for one day first." He went to playfully hit Heisenberg's shoulder, but was surprised when the iron lord grabbed his arm.

"Challenge accepted." He said, flashing his teeth. He released Y/N's arm and strolled over to his workbench. "Don't get upset when I prove you wrong."

Y/N laughed. "Oh, I'll be more surprised than upset, trust me."