Chapter 3: Makima Has A New Dog

To take a life is always connected with the act of murder or general death

To take a life is always connected with the act of murder or general death. Lifeless eyes as the symbol of the closing curtain to the windows of the soul. But it's not necessarily true. Well, it's partly the defining trait.

Welcoming a new being and dragging it to an unknown place can serve as taking a life. Shoving its wants to the side like garbage.

Though sometimes the said person doesn't realize how far their string of life was cut. Cut with delicate charm.

"Someone beat us to it." Makima said from beside Senka and two other devil hunters. The dusty air illuminated by the sunlight that was brought into the building almost made Senka sneeze.

But something caught her eyes, stopping her from doing so. He was so bloody and seemed like he walked through hell and back. The chainsaws on his head and arms stopped revving once the boy turned his head to the 4 strangers at the door.

The dull atmosphere had a heft on Senka's shoulders, watching the poor soul stand there with exhaustion.

It's dark in here. Senka thought.

"One's alive." One of the devil hunters advised. His tone warning the rest.

And with that, Makima took the initiative to walk up to the being. Senka on her guard, the darkness creeping on her skin.

"Hmph. You're a strange one. You don't smell like a devil or a human." Makima notes. A nonchalant smile etching her features. "Did you do this?" She asked.

"H- hold me..." the stranger requested. Almost sounding like a young boy.

A human?... Senka questioned to herself. Not knowing if it was possible for devils to speak in such a way.

And with the request, Makima obliged. Her arms wrapping around the shirtless... monster? Devil? Human?

I need a smoke. Senka thought, pulling out her personal pack. She slid one between her lips and took out her lighter. With the small flame, her features was highlighted with orange. Catching the chainsaw's attention.

Well now, what seemed to be a regular boy with dirty and messy blonde hair. The machinery he once had on his body melted and slid off his skin like it was never there to begin with.

We'll that's new... Senka thought, huffing a cloud.

"It's a human." Makima deduced.

"Could he be taken over by a devil?" One of the devil hunters asked.

"No, you can tell take-overs by looking at their face." Makima answers. She then diverts her attention back to the boy in her arms, resting his head on her lap.