5

Authors Note: Mediocre chapter, sorry. It'll get better soon.

Third-person POV:

"And then this one time in Shanghai, you met this girl Fei who could turn into any animal she chose, and you defeated this huge akuma together. Then get this, you hugged me." Adrien said with a huge smile,  his arms going out in exaggerartion.

"Wow, that must've been quite the moment for you," Marinette noted with amusment.

"Yeah, it really was." He says, still beaming.

"Honestly, I really appreciate you doing this for me, but I've got to be honest,

I'm not sure I really need you to."

Adrien looks up at her "What?"

"When I look at you, I can remember little moments.

Little flashbacks, which are my own memories.

Only things between us though,"

Adrien looks at her in silence for a moment, "Like what?"

"Like an umbrella, dancing in the sky, red roses.

Lucky charms."

Adrien smiles at her "Those are some good ones."

"I think I loved you." She looks at him.

He looks back at her and something twinkles in his eye, pure excitement. Like he's having fun reminding her of her life.

"I want to show you something."

--

After many flights of stairs, and a slightly dangerous climb, they made it to their destination.

"Down there I first figured out I loved you as Ladybug."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, and then up here we would meet every other day after be both patrolled."

"That sounds nice."

"Over there on that building I told you I loved you."

"Oh."

'Yeah." Adrien says, lost in thought.

"What did I say back?" She looks at him worried.

Adrien sighs, "That you loved someone else."

"Oh." She says, now looking at her feet.

"Adrien?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for showing me around Paris, and for telling me about my life. Honestly, I'm really enjoying this time together," She rests her head on his shoulder "I don't want it to ever end."

He pats her head "Then we'll stay here."

"Just for a little longer."

--

They woke up to Adrien's phone receiving a facetime call.

"Hello Adrien, it's me, Sandboy. Give me your miraculous, or Marinette loses her position of guardian" he says holding the miracle box, Chat Blanc behind him, slipping out the door to do god knows what.

Adrien and Marinette have now hovered over the phone in a panic. "That dumb cat gave him my miracle box??"

"She'll lose her memories forever. She'll never know you as Chat Noir. She won't remember being Ladybug. She'll live a normal life without all of it, and you'll be all alone."

"No please, I'll do anything but that, just please don't do anything to that box."

"Hmmm, okay," He says smiling for a moment before his face drops to full seriousness "Only Chat Blanc can save her." He starts laughing like what he just said was ridiculous "Good luck! Hope to see those miraculous soon. Kisses!" He says ending the call.

What a quirky kid.

"I'll just be Marinette?"

"You won't remember Chat Noir."

"Will I remember ~anything~"

She looks at him, tears in her eyes "Will I remember you?"

He wipes her tears "I won't let that happen." Then stands up. 

"Come on,"

"Where are we going?"

"To get him."

"We have to find a way to get him to help us."

"But what if I can't do it."

"Think about it Mari, the only reason he's doing this is he blames you.

We just need him to understand what happened.

That it wasn't his fault.

He was just a kid with a hard life. Nothing more.

I can talk to him as the kid who knew what he went through,

and you can talk to him

as the love of his life." He says with a pang to his chest. Marinette notices and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"But I barely even remember him."

"It's just like you said, when you look at either one of us, you remember the little things.

That's all you need.

That's all he needs.

He needs to see the girl who he thought died still lives in you.

He needs to know you love him too."