19. One in the Same

I finally got some sleep, but not without difficulty. I tried to slumber on my own, but that didn't work, so I resorted to some tea Kara made me, which did the trick after three cups.

After Wyatt left, Alexei and I had a good, peaceful dinner. We mainly just talked about our families, and I was more curious about how he grew up. Not the thing with Gideon, but what happened before or after. He was happy to tell me anything I wanted to know and was glad I didn't pester him about the Gideon situation.

Since I had another day off today, I just wanted to lay in bed and catch up on more rest, but since I agreed to hang out with Samuel, I couldn't exactly do that.

Thankfully, we weren't doing anything with exercise, besides walking there, but we were going to go shopping together. Since Kara didn't want to a few weeks ago, I just asked Samuel instead.

Most of my clothes stopped fitting since I developed all of my curves. Don't get me wrong, I had curves last year, but I was thinner then. Now, I gained a bit, making my hips wider, and my boobs very much bigger, so I was in need of new clothes. I wasn't thrilled about gaining some weight, but I felt a lot better about myself, so I didn't sweat it too much. But still, I needed to shop for different pants and bras, and I didn't really care about doing that in front of Samuel. Since we were friends, I didn't care about doing that sort of thing in front of him.

I stopped in front of the mall, waiting somewhat impatiently for Samuel, taping my foot on the ground as I put my back against the small stone building. The mall wasn't very big, but it had some decent stores like Pink, American Eagle, Hollister. Besides that, there wasn't really anything worth looking at.

I heard footsteps, seeing a few couples and friends walking side by side, and then I saw Samuel in the middle of the small crowd, waving at me slightly. I waved back, waiting until the crowd parted for me to step to him.

"What's up, J?"

"Nothing much," I admit, stuffing my cold hands into my pockets. It's been cold ever since fall started, but Winter was just right around the corner, so it had gotten even colder. "Just ready to shop and then go to bed," I explained, stretching out my arms and popping them.

He linked his arms with mine, leading me into the mall, the sliding doors opening automatically. "Not gettin' enough sleep?" He asks, adjusting his big bun on his head.

"Not nearly enough," I groan, leaning my head on his temple, frowning. "This guy's been bothering me for a few days now. He just keeps following me and asking me personal questions." I shook my head lightly. "Two days ago, he even showed up at my dinner with Alexei."

"You had dinner with Alexei?"

I shot his brown eyes a glare. "Not the point," I reminded him sourly.

"Right, right," he mumbled. "The guy sounds like a creep."

"Yeah. He's delusional, too. Somehow he convinced himself that I was going to go out on a date with him, even though I clearly said no."

"J, he doesn't sound stable. I can walk you back tonight? If that would make you feel safer," he offered, glancing at me with concern.

I snorted. "I'm fine, Sam. I can handle myself. Besides, he doesn't know where I live. Thankfully."

He shrugged, unlinking out arms as we entered a store. "Whatever. If you change your mind, I'm here."

"Let's just focus on you. And shopping."

I flashed him a grin, pushing his shoulder gently as I rummaged through clothes. "How are you and Camden?" I ask, cocking my eyebrow at him curiously.